Scheduled or On-site courses? - Forum

19/10/2009 10:56   Philip Brown
Hi Findcourses, I want to have some management training 2 or 3 or up to 7 employees, and am wondering what's more beneficial - either a public course, for a day or so, or to have someone come into the office and train us here. Can you make me a recommendation, or does it depend on the type of course? Of course i'm interested in the price, and time that will be spent too. Thanks, Philip Brown, AMT Network Solutions

RE: Scheduled or On-site courses?
22/10/2009 14:13   Site Manager
post Hi Philip, the types of training available is currently in the spotlight, as recent research shows most companies are opting for the In House form of training to reduce costs. However, don't write Open/Public courses off, as depending on the requirements for the training, they also have a high ROI. For more information on both types of training, have a read of the following links: » Course guide: Open / Public / Scheduled Training » Course guide: In House / On Site / Company Specific Training With regards to Management training, it's worthwhile comparing the course content of both In House Management training courses, with Public / Scheduled Management training courses to see which type of course format is best matched to your team, and industry. The following course is recommendable as In House Training: » Management Excellence with Changescape And for comparison, the following course is recommendable as Scheduled Training: » Essential Management Skills training with Phoenix Training Hope this helps, Your Findcourses Team

RE: RE: Scheduled or On-site courses?
23/10/2009 15:15   Janine Bates
Hi,I had a very good experience with an Scheduled Management Course, and was just searching for more Management Development courses when I saw this post. I chose to take the Scheduled course as my reason for taking a course was to get out of the office, away from the other line managers, and gain some new knowledge that I would be able to use in managing my team. It was a fantastic experience, very inspirational, and I met some interesting people, who I learnt a lot from. I returned to the office ready to put my knowledge to the test, and impress my superior in the process. Now I ready for more courses, but think sometime in the future I will try I House training too, for team building and when there's a few more of us that need training. Regards, Janine

RE: RE: RE: Scheduled or On-site courses?
26/10/2009 07:29   Mikie
I agree with Janine - who doesn't enjoy a day out of the office? For me, it's especially important when taking training as I am then experiencing new stimuli which helps my mind focus and consider new concepts and ideas much better. Obviously for some, in house training can be a better alternative, but for me, I just need that proverbial breath of fresh air. Cheers, Mikie

Find training and courses within this category

LOOKING FOR TRAINING?

Good news! findcourses.co.uk offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team. 

people-using-laptop-search-training

Request a free quote

APPRENTICESHIPS

Is your company looking to take on an apprentice?

choose-the-right-apprenticeship

Learn more