Where can i find coffee machine repair courses? - Forum

27/05/2014 10:23   Dinois

Do you know where i can find coffee machine repair courses in london?

RE: Where can i find coffee machine repair courses?
05/06/2014 15:22   Jimmy

Hey Dinois!

This can actually be a lot more complicated than you'd think. Assuming you want to learn to work on an espresso machine - I would reach out to one of the major manufacturers, like La Marzocco or Rancilio. Espresso machines are quite complicated, a bit like working on a car, and the mechanics will vary a bit based on the brand and machine. The older piston machines require more mechanical work, while the newer digital machines will require an electrical background.

If you're wondering about repairing a home-use Mr.Coffee machine, I don't have many ideas other than suggesting good old fashioned trial and error.

Good Luck!
jimmy.

05/06/2014 16:52   Course Advisor

Thanks for your input Jimmy, that sounds like valuable advice!

Based on his input, I can point you to this page where you will a selection of "handyman" (mechanical) and electrical courses. Not quite what you were after, but I think a lot of skills you learn in these kinds of "hands-on" courses are transferable across a lot of different trades. In that sense, it could even be more useful than a course dedicated just to coffee machine repair.

At the same time, I think Jimmy is probably right that you should visit one of the major manufacturer websites for more information. It could be the case that they run specific training courses, or perhaps you can take a more generalised course and then simply request the relevant documentation from the manufacturer - then it will be about giving it a go and applying the skills you gain to those specific machines.

If you find anything out from the manufacturers feel free to come back and post your findings for the rest of us!

Best of luck,

Course Advisor, Findcourses.co.uk

26/06/2014 21:17   grig
I can tell you how to fix a coffee machine but i can't offer you oa certificate

20/02/2016 17:18   N taliadoros

Thanks for your help , I am interest to learn how to fix coffee machines - no need for a certificate.
Nick

Find training and courses within this category

LOOKING FOR TRAINING?

Good news! findcourses.co.uk offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team. 

people-using-laptop-search-training

Request a free quote

APPRENTICESHIPS

Is your company looking to take on an apprentice?

choose-the-right-apprenticeship

Learn more