Dithering about becoming a teacher - Forum

28/01/2017 17:53   Flumptious

I think I want to go into teacher training. But I am a bit unusual. I am currently a university lecturer, and I enjoy that, but they have just announced that my department is going to be shut down. Several people have suggested me going into teaching. I enjoy teaching at university, and I am keen on the idea of moving that to kids, but I am not yet sure whether I would like it to be for primary or secondary school. I will be a bit limited on where I can train, and where I can work, as I am married (but as we live near London, i am sure that would not be a major problem). I also have a bit of a strange problem. I have dodgy eyesight. It is fine for most things, but I certainly can't drive, and I am officially registered as 'blind', although that is a silly term, I do have problems, but no-one sensible would consider me 'blind'. Would that be likely to cause me problems? I cope fine with my job at the university, but I wonder whether schools might have funny rules, for the children.

Find training and courses within this category

LOOKING FOR TRAINING?

Good news! findcourses.co.uk offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team. 

people-using-laptop-search-training

Request a free quote

APPRENTICESHIPS

Is your company looking to take on an apprentice?

choose-the-right-apprenticeship

Learn more