IGCSE Geography is a great building block to A Levels but also an interesting subject in its own right. You will cover subjects as diverse as river environments to globalisation and migration.
You will also gain an appreciation of geographical concepts as well as understanding how awareness of global issues impacts a sustainable future.
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Suitability - Who should attend?
No prior qualification needed
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon successful completion of the exam and practical assessments (as administered by CIE), you will have achieved an internationally recognised CIE IGCSE Geography (0976) qualification.
- An understanding of the processes which affect physical and human environments
- An understanding of location on a local, regional and global scale
- The ability to use and understand geographical data and information
- An understanding of how communities around the world are affected and constrained by different environments.
Training Course Content
This course is divided into 3 units:
The syllabus is divided into three themes which have been designed to develop an understanding of both the natural and the human environment:
- Population and settlement
- The natural environment
- Economic development.
- Paper 1: Geographical Themes
- Paper 2: Geographical Skills
- Paper 4: Alternative to Coursework
Absorb Online Learning
With Absorb you can learn entirely online. This means you can study on your commute, on your lunch break and even whilst travelling. You can study on any computer or smart device, providing that you have access to the internet....
Find out more about this GCSE Geography course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!