Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Managing FX Risk in a Volatile WorldACF Consultants
Managing FX Risk in a Volatile World
Currency risk affects any organisation operating across international borders – and volatility in FX markets has never been greater, with shock moves in a single day of up to 20% in major currency pairs, like £/$ after Brexit, or the €/CHF after the SNB changed its policy.
No firm can afford to ignore these risks. ACF’s essential seminar on Managing FX Risk in a Volatile World explains how treasurers and bankers can effectively manage currency exposure using the latest hedging techniques. Over an intensive two-day period, the seminar:
- Reviews the workings of the FX spot and forward markets and the fundamentals of options.
- Provides an intuitive understanding of option pricing, and the significance of volatility.
- Explains option Greeks, and why they are important.
- Highlights the key differences between FX options, and options on other underliers.
- Demonstrates how FX options can be combined in different ways to create a wide variety of valuable structures.
- Illustrates how vanilla FX options can be combined to build targeted hedges, or to exploit specific views of the market.
- Develops within delegates an innovative and pro-active approach to the handling of FX risk management needs.
In addition, the seminar consolidate delegates’ understanding by providing extensive first-hand experience with computer-based strategy evaluation, graphics, analytics, option pricing, and simulation.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anyone working in FX risk management, including corporate treasurers, companies with multi-currency operations, currency sales and trading professionals, or those advising clients on managing their FX risk.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
After attending the program, delegates will have mastered the concepts and practices of FX risk, be confident in handling FX hedging products, and will return able to make an immediate and effective contribution to the management and control of currency risk.
This course is worth 14 CPE credits.
Training Course Content
The course is structured as follows:
- Review of Foreign Exchange Spot and Forward Markets
- Review of Options
- Option Pricing – An Intuitive Approach
- Option "Greeks"
- Understanding FX Options
- Building Option Portfolios
- Hedging and Financial Engineering with FX Options
- Option Trading Strategies
The cost of this Foreign Exchange Options course is:
- London: £1,925 + VAT per delegate
- New York: $2,750 per delegate
This course is also available as an in-house programme, where the dates and precise content can be tailored to suit your requirements.
World-class financial training for Finance Professionals
ACF Consultants are a top-quality financial training provider that are renowned for delivering innovative courses for some of the largest and most demanding financial institutions in the world. Offering open seminars using their uniquely blended learning techniques, ACF Consultants are...