Digital & Computer Skills - Beginners
To be able to use a computer or a laptop confidently. The course will provide a simple hands-on introduction for those who are new to using technology to enhance their essential digital skills. You will gain confidence in using a computer, keyboard and mouse, so that you develop word-processing skills and are able to access the internet safely and legally.
Upcoming start dates
Online delivery option may be available - Please contact provider.
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for those who have no or very little experience of using a computer and wish to develop confidence and enhance their digital skills in using IT.
Training Course Content
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Switch on a computer safely and shut it down
- Be able to enter text and numbers using a keyboard and mouse
- Be able to use word-processing to type words and numbers
- Be able to format your text to improve your document
- Be able to insert a picture into your document
- Find information from the internet that is useful and of interest to you
- Use the internet safely and legally
Top 10 Awards
Top 10 Winner - 2021
We're delighted Birmingham Adult Education Service is a winner of our Top 10 Courses 2021 in Top 10 Digital Skills courses.
Each year, we select the Top 10 most popular courses on our site in some of the most popular categories to make it easier for our users to find the right course for them - so you can book with confidence.
At Birmingham Adult Education Service their aim is to make a difference. Offering courses such as English, Math, Health & Social Care and Art, BAES has a vision to become an outstanding provider of community learning and skills. Whether you're...