This course is for those who wish to develop a basic level of skill. It would be a suitable starting point if you are thinking about looking for work or self-employment in this creative industry.
You will learn how to:
- To use a range of materials, tools and equipment to produce different design arrangements
- To package and gift wrap finished items
- To use primary and secondary colours and how to combine them for effect
- To collect and develop ideas from a variety of sources
- To discuss and record ideas and adapt according to feedback & circumstances
- To produce a range of designs and arrangements based on planning and research to set assignments
- To produce finished work demonstrating a basic level of skill
- To present finished designs to good effect and carry out verbal and written evaluation of finished material
- Use appropriate plant material in line with Health & Safety regulations
- Use and store tools and equipment safely in line with Health & Safety regulations
- Be aware of employment opportunities in the floristry industry
- To produce portfolio of evidence, showing skills, development, research
- and finished work
Upcoming start dates
Online delivery option may be available - Please contact provider.
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
This is an introduction course so you do not need any formal experience of floristry. An enthusiasm for flowers and personal experience of arranging floral displays would be desirable.This course involves keeping notes and taking measurements so you will need to have basic levels of English and maths. There will be a short initial assessment at the start of the course to ensure that the course is suitable for you.
At Birmingham Adult Education Service their aim is to make a difference. Offering courses such as English, Math, Health & Social Care and Art, BAES has a vision to become an outstanding provider of community learning and skills. Whether you're...