This course aims to enable learners to develop basic skills in interior design techniques and provide underpinning knowledge of 3 dimensional design concepts to produce a finished design scheme.
- Gain basic knowledge of primary and secondary colours and how to combine them for effect
- Investigated a range of materials, textures and creative techniques
- Produced a range of design proposals with rationale for selection
- Produced finished designs based on planning and research to set assignments
- Developed an emerging level of competence in the use of media, equipment and techniques
- Use and store tools, materials and equipment in line with safety regulations
- Be aware of employment opportunities in the interior design industry
- Produce a portfolio of evidence showing skills development, research and finished work
Upcoming start dates
Online delivery option may be available - Please contact provider.
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
Level 1 in literacy and numeracy (free help is available with BAES if required). At the start of this course, your tutor will carry out an initial assessment to check that the level is suitable for you.
At Birmingham Adult Education Service their aim is to make a difference. Offering courses such as English, Math, Health & Social Care and Art, BAES has a vision to become an outstanding provider of community learning and skills. Whether you're...