This course aims to enable learners to extend skills and techniques gained at level 1 and to increase knowledge of design principles.
By the end of this course learners will have:
- Extended basic knowledge of primary, secondary colours and tertiary how to combine them for effect
- Use equipment and processes to develop a range and complexity of techniques and creativity
- Investigate the work of other designers
- Produced a range of design proposals
- Produced finished designs based on planning and research to set assignments
- Developed an emerging level of competence in the use of media, equipment and techniques
- Use appropriate technical language in planning, evaluation and record keeping
- Use and store tools, materials and equipment in line with safety regulations
- Know about the different employment opportunities in the interior design industry
- Know about the qualifications and enterprise skills required for employment in the interior design industry
- Produce a portfolio of evidence showing skills development, samples and designs
Upcoming start dates
Online delivery option may be available - Please contact provider.
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
The course is for those who wish to develop a levels of skill and knowledge in interior design and/or who wish to progress to study at advanced level or level 3.Level 1 in literacy and numeracy (free help is available with BAES if required). At the start of this course, your tutor will carry out an initial assessment to check that the level is suitable for you.
At Birmingham Adult Education Service their aim is to make a difference. Offering courses such as English, Math, Health & Social Care and Art, BAES has a vision to become an outstanding provider of community learning and skills. Whether you're...