Textiles - Asian Clothes Making - Beginners
This course will enable you to develop basic levels of skill, or to build on existing levels of skill in using sewing techniques and equipment as well as Asian fabrics and designs to produce your own Asian inspired garments.
During the course you will look at key skills for employment within the field.
Include elements of research and development into your working projects.
Consider how to develop and transfer your subject knowledge for community/ citizenship use.
Upcoming start dates
Online delivery option may be available - Please contact provider.
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is for anyone, including beginners, with an interest in sewing and making Asian clothes in particular.
Training Course Content
What will I learn?
- To use sewing machines, tools and equipment safely and correctly.
- To take and record body measurements for your chosen project.
- To produce samples of techniques.
- To produce a wearable item of clothing.
- An awareness of employment opportunities in the textiles industry.
How will I learn?
- Tutor demonstration and instruction
- Exploring equipment, tools and techniques
- Producing stitched samples
- By producing a small portfolio containing samples, information on techniques you have learned, and photographs of garments that you have made.
At Birmingham Adult Education Service their aim is to make a difference. Offering courses such as English, Math, Health & Social Care and Art, BAES has a vision to become an outstanding provider of community learning and skills. Whether you're...