Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Advanced Office Management & Effective Administration SkillsBOC - Global Events & Training Group
Advanced Office Management & Effective Administration Skills
Advanced Office Management & Effective Administration Skills - 1 week Course
This Advanced Office Management & Effective Administration Skills course aims to help office managers, administrators and secretaries refresh and build on their skills in order to remain competent in their working roles.
The 1 week programme covers the key elements of an administration and/or office management role and outlines a range of different approaches for operating an effective office or support team. Providing insights into the responsibilities of administrators and the key position they occupy within the organisation, the course enables delegates to build on the key skills that will help them enhance their effectiveness while achieving greater job satisfaction. These include:
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Planning & organisational skills
- Critical-thinking skills
Participants will be encouraged to work on a personal approach that suits their individual style as well as their workplace and organisational culture.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Advanced Office Management course is suitable for professionals who are involved in the operational running of an office, as well as Executive and Personal Assistants to Middle/Senior Management.
It is also beneficial for those with some office management experience who would like to move into a more senior position as an Office Manager or Administration Supervisor.
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
Taking Control of Your Work Life
- Understanding and clarifying purpose, vision and mission
- External and internal customer service
- Controlling, prioritising and organising your work
- Making a long term plan to create the best office in the company!
- Streamlining your office systems
- Getting your paperwork under control
- Making your office user friendly and efficient
Essential Administrative Skills
- Harnessing the power of the mind – through Mind Mapping Techniques
- Right brain/left brain theory
- Managing larger projects to meet deadlines
- Planning skills – using a Gannt chart to chart work progress
- Problem solving techniques
- Becoming more proactive
- Decision Making tools
- Managing meetings effectively
- Keeping minutes of a meetings
- Working with more than one manager
Vital Communication Skills
- Common communication mistakes
- Different styles of communication
- Communicating with Confidence
- Learning to be more assertive
- Win-win conflict resolution
- The most effective way to say no
- Understanding and using body language
- Understanding gender differences in communication
- Overcome biases and discomfort associated with exercising power
- Understanding different personality types and how to deal with them
- How to create an effective working relationship with any kind of boss
Developing as a professional
- Listening skills – seeking to understand before being understood
- Creating a professional image
- Overcoming the fear of public speaking
- Learn the essentials of planning a presentation
- How to hold the attention of a group
Self-Empowerment and Self-Management
- Understanding the main causes of stress
- How to build self-confidence and strength the ability to respond to difficult situations
- How to relax and refresh the mind and body
- The signs, symptoms, causes and triggers to stress
- Why stress is a powerful messenger
- How to break the vicious cycle of stressful thinking
- The essential skills of emotional intelligence
- Using emotional intelligence at work
- Transforming fear and negativity and reactive-ness
- Becoming a more proactive, responsible and self-aware person
- Effective Time Management
The cost of this 1-week course is £2,990 + VAT.
BOC offers off-the-shelf, customised and bespoke training solutions for organisations looking to bring their training in-house.
Provider: BOC - Global Events & Training Group
Based in London, BOC is an international event organiser and corporate training provider dedicated to helping organisations carve out the market space or "blue ocean" they need to overcome the competition and reach their goals. With a commitment to a...