UAL Level 3 in Music Performance & Production
Delivered by working musicians & producers, and supported by our own record label, Rogue, this challenging course focuses on building the relevant skills, knowledge and experience necessary to succeed as a producer and/or performer in the music industry today.
We have outstanding performance and production facilities and offer great opportunities to release music on our record label, Rogue. Working with our industry specialist teaching staff you will reach professional standards of performance & musicianship, studio recording & production and live sound engineering. There will also be opportunities to attend workshops with experienced industry professionals and to perform solo and collaboratively in college and external venues. You will have opportunities to compose and design sound for media art and fashion events and projects like fashion shows and games, films and TV soundtracks.
Suitability - Who should attend?
You will need 4 GCSEs at grades 9 - 4 (A* - C), or Level 2 UAL Diploma in Creative Media Production at a Pass, Level 2 BTEC Certificate/Extended Certificate or First Diploma in Creative Media – Pass level. GCSE English language grades 9 - 4 (A* - C) is essential and GCSE Maths grades 9 - 4 (A* - C) is highly desirable. In addition to the entry qualifications listed, the offer of a place on the course is subject to the outcomes of initial assessment, which will be taken at the College as part of the admissions process. Please note that entry criteria may vary quite significantly between courses at the same level. This is to take account of the specific skills needed for success on particular courses, the length of the course and the requirements for progression to the next level. Entry criteria are given as a guide, and the exact requirements in order to obtain a place on a particular course will be confirmed following attendance at a Welcome Event/Interview.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Working both independently and collaboratively with your peers you will develop the appropriate fundamental knowledge and techniques required to run studio recording sessions and to mix and master these to a professional standard prior to commercial release.
- rehearse, write and perform collaboratively at gigs in college and externally.
- set up and engineer live sound systems
- compose, arrange and mix with Logic Pro X
- understand the structure of the contemporary music industry and the job opportunities available to you as a producer/performer/live sound engineer.
- market and promote releases and live events - as well as yourself as a performer/artist/producer/band member.
- Understand the roots and subsequent development of popular music, its place in society and how technology has been central to this and learn about Pop history.
Music Production Specialist Skills
- Develop studio production techniques for commercial releases on Rogue
- Understand the different forms of synthesis and advanced sampling &audio manipulation techniques in sound creation - Utilise technologies in performance in conjunction with other art forms
- Learn marketing and promotion skills.
Music Performance Specialist Skills
- Write and compose
- Rehearsal techniques
- Improvisation – Jazz
- Advanced theory
- Understanding of musical styles
- Marketing and promotion
This qualification helps you to progress on to the following;
- BA/BSc/BMus at a Higher Education institution or Popular Music Conservatoire, e.g. ICMP
- Apprenticeships in the wider commercial/creative industries, supported by Cambridge Regional College.
- Employment. Most performers are self-employed by nature and success is reliant on individual performance skills
Cambridge Regional College
Our mission is to transform lives and create prosperity by delivering technical and professional education that meets the needs of students, employers and communities in Cambridgeshire. Cambridge Regional College is the largest further education college in the East of England...
Find out more about this UAL Level 3 in Music Performance & Production course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Leisure / Fun Classes