Cyber Security AwarenessChurchill Square Training & Development
Cyber Security Awareness
A course all employees should do. An awareness package for cyber security, introducing the subject and explaining the threats, risks and targets, before discussing some specific threats, such as ransomware, phishing, social engineering, before concluding with guidance to help individuals to better protect themselves from the cyber threat.
What topics are covered?
- The importance and relevance of cyber security
- The Different types of Threat
- What Malware is and how it works
- Different Social Engineering approaches
- The importance of good passwords
- The risks of removable media
- Surfing the Internet safely
- Using Social Media with Care
- HIghlighting some Common Scams
- Top Ten Tips
- Instruction by an expert facilitator if required
- Specialised manual and course materials
- Personalised certificate of completion
All courses are also available virtually. Contact us for more information.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Employers and Individuals - this course is essential for all both at work and home. The cyber threat is real and is out there.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
At the end of the course you can download a course completion certificate.
We are an accredited CPD provider
What will Students Learn?
- An understanding of the cyber threat from a personal perspective
- An appreciation of where the threat comes from, why they could be a target and what the risks are
- An understanding of how cyber attacks happen and the common methods which are used
- Recognise how their actions can help reduce the risk
- Learn basic actions to stay safe and secure online
Training Course Content
1.1) Why are we here?
1.2) Why is it important?
2. The Threat
2.1) Who Could Attack the organisation?
2.2) Why would they attack the organisation?
2.3) What are they after?
2.4) How does an attack happen?
2.5) How do I help?
3.1) Everything is connected
3.2) What is Malware
3.3) Different Types of Malware
3.4) Hover before you Click
4. Social Engineering
4.1) Being Social
4.2) What is Phishing?
4.3) Phishing vs Spear Phishing
4.4) Online Scams
4.5) Save the Whale
4.6) Phishing Advice
5.2) Basic Password Advice
5.3) Passwords are Private
5.4) Think of a word, a long word
5.5) Looking after your passwords
5.6) Additional Password Guidance
6. Removable Media
6.1) Removable Media
6.2) What is Removable Media?
6.3) What is the Risk?
6.4) Remove the Risk
7. The Internet
7.1) Surfing the ‘Net
7.2) The Dark Net or Hidden Internet
7.3) Out and About / Public WiFi
7.4) Safe Surfing Tips
8. Social Media
8.1) Social Media
8.2) Privacy 101
8.3) Social Media Security
8.4) Social Media Behaviour
9. Common Scams
9.1) If it sounds too good to be true…
9.2) How it works
9.3) Love at First Website
9.4) Practice Safe Surfing
10. Top 10 Tips
10.1) Stay Private!
10.2) Stay Secure!
10.3) Keep your desk tidy!
10.4) Lock up your Valuables!
10.6) Use Encryption!
10.8) Hover Before You Click!
10.9) Don't Plug it in!
10.10) Install with Care!
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Churchill Square Training & Development Ltd
Churchill Square Training & Development is a leading UK based global training and development provider. With over 185 different courses available, we offer a wide variety of training options available to suit your organisation or individual training needs. All of...
Average rating 5Based on 2 reviews.
Find out more about this Cyber Security Awareness course - simply fill out your details: