Access to Higher Education Diploma Health and Social Care (Distance Learning)
Our Access to HE Diplomas give you the opportunity to apply for a degree in Health and Social Care.
This can lead to a career working with families, children and young people, the elderly, vulnerable people, and those in crisis.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
Access to Health and Social Care Professions Diplomas
You need to have a UK residential address to study this qualification.
Although there are no formal entry requirements for this Access to HE Diploma, to meet university entry requirements you may need GCSEs or further credits at Level 2. If you do not have these already, you can study them with us.
Our experience and strong relationships with universities means that our Access to HE Diplomas are well suited to meet both their entry requirements and to prepare you for undergraduate study.
Our Access to HE Diplomas are fully accredited through an Authorised Validating Agency (AVA) and regulated by the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA), so are part of the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website
Outcome / Qualification etc.
All of our Access to HE Diplomas are fully accredited by recognised awarding bodies who are regulated by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA), the official regulator for Access to HE. This means that our Access to HE Diplomas are accepted by the majority of universities and Higher Education Institutions in the UK.
Training Course Content
Access to Higher Education Diploma (Health and Social Care) Option 1
Subject Set: Developmental
- Developmental - Preparing to Progress
- Developmental - Writing for Academic Purposes
- Developmental - Basic Principles in Number
Subject Set: Social Issues in Health Care
- Social Issues in Health Care - Introduction to Issues in Health and Social Care
- Social Issues in Health Care - Health and Social Care Provision (Ex)
- Social Issues in Health Care - Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Social Issues in Health Care - Mental Health Issues
- Social Issues in Health Care - Social Care and the Older Person
- Social Issues in Health Care - Principles of Safeguarding in Health and Social Care
- Social Issues in Health Care - Learning Disabilities
Subject Set: Psychology
- Psychology - Introduction to Psychology
- Psychology - Psychological Perspectives and Behaviour (Ex)
- Psychology - Interpersonal Communication
- Psychology - Defining, Classifying and Explaining Disorders
- Psychology - Treating Disorders
- Psychology - Psychological Investigation
Course delivery details
Our Access to HE Diplomas are delivered completely online. This means that you can study when it suits you, your family, and your job. With our learning materials and your own personal tutor, you will have the one-to-one support and guidance that you need to succeed when studying an Access Diploma online.
Not all careers need a degree, and an Access to HE Diploma in Health and Social Care is also an excellent way to maximise your job prospects, such as:
- Support worker for those in need
- Child and youth worker
- An advocate
DistanceLearningCentre.com has been providing QAA regulated Access to Higher Education courses for over 25 years, helping over 10,000 students to achieve their goals and transform their careers. We also provide Advanced British International Diplomas (accredited and certified by Ascentis) aimed...