Avoidance of Vibration Induced Fatigue Failure in Process PipeworkEnergy Institute
Avoidance of Vibration Induced Fatigue Failure in Process Pipework
This 3-day course will provide Participants with an understanding of the use of the Energy Institute Guidelines as a management tool and assessment methodology to manage the risk of a vibration induced failure.
Training Course Content
- To raise the awareness of piping vibration as a failure mechanism
- To provide an understanding of the common vibration related issues on process pipework
- To provide an understanding of the use of the Energy Institute Guidelines as a management tool and assessment methodology to manage the risk of a vibration induced failure
- To provide a basic understanding of pipework vibration survey methods and associated assessment criteria
Day 1: Introduction to piping vibration
- Introduction and industry background
- Typical vibration problems found on process piping systems
- Overview of vibration and fatigue (basic terminology and principles)
- Piping excitation and response mechanisms
- Introduction to risk-based methods & the EI Guidelines
Day 2: Introduction to, and use of, the Energy Institute Guidelines
- Overview of the Guidelines for new designs, existing plant and troubleshooting
- Qualitative and quantitative methods
- Worked examples – troubleshooting & new design
- Methods of managing piping vibration and vibration control options
Day 3: Energy Institute Guidelines (cont) & overview of basic measurement techniques/criteria
- Basic measurement techniques
o Instrumentation considerations
o Introduction to vibration velocity, dynamic strain and pulsation measurements
o Good and bad practice when performing vibration measurements
o Criteria for assessing piping vibration – vibration velocity and dynamic stress/strain
- Introduction to advanced measurement techniques
- Introduction to detailed simulation
o Structural modelling
o Response prediction (turbulent flow, slugging, pulsation, surge, acoustic fatigue)
The free online CSS cleaner allows you to organize style for websites.
The tuition fee for EI Member - £1,590
Tuition fee for Non-Member - £1,790
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Energy Institute - Open and Online Courses in Energy Management, Oil and Gas and Risk Management
The Energy Institute (EI) is the professional body for the energy industry, delivering good practice and professionalism across the depth and breadth of the sector. The EI is the leading chartered professional membership body for the energy industry, supporting over...
Find out more about this Avoidance of Vibration Induced Fatigue Failure in Process Pipework course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!