International Payments Training Course
This 2 day International Payments course is highly practical and has been tailored for banking professionals who have some experience in domestic payments and want to expand their knowledge of international payments.
The course will explore the key principles, concepts, practices and current developments in the international payments. Delegates will have a chance to learn about the principles of foreign exchange and currency, high-value global payments, purpose and role of SWIFT and CLS, global clearing and settlement mechanisms as well as about liquidity management, international trade facilitation, risk management, and legal and regulatory issues.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This International Payments training course is designed for payment professionals with some experience who wish to expand their knowledge base and advance their careers into the global payments arena.
Course material will be most useful for Operations and business staff from:
- Commercial banks
- Investment banks
- Foreign Exchange dealers
- Brokerage companies
- Multinational corporations
- Money Managers
- Commodity Trading Advisors
- Insurance companies
- Central banks
- Pension Funds
- Hedge Funds
- Investment companies
and other participants in the inter-dealer market.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
The aim of this International Payments program is to provide participants with:
- Gain the practical knowledge of all key processes and concepts in the international payments
- Learn about the various stages of low and high value payment process
- Understand the role and functioning of SWIFT and CLS
- Get to grips with foreign exchange and currency principles
- Explore the mechanisms in clearing and settlement
- Learn about liquidity management principles
- Gain the tools for managing all risks involved
- Understand the legal and regulatory frameworks
- Explore the current market trends and challenges
Course Certificates will be given on completion.
- Characteristics of International Payments
- The payment process
- Low-value global payments
- International ACH - Automatic Clearance services
- Legal payments structures in the US and worldwide
- Financial Action Task Force (FATF)
- HIgh-value global payments: TARGET 2 and CHIPS
- Anti-money laundering
- The role and purpose of SWIFT
- Global Clearing and Settlement
- Foreign Exchange and Currency Principles
- Hawala - Alternative international payment system
- Workers' remittances
- The purpose and role of CLS
- Managing risks in International Payments
- Foreign Exchange settlement in detail
- The role and purpose of CSL
- Managing FX risks
- Advanced Legal and Regulatory issues
- Challenges for corporates in international payments
- Current and future trends
This is a highly interactive course which comprises of presentations, case studies, discussions and comprehensive group exercises.
In order to help with establishing individual and business concerns, delegates will be asked to fill pre-course questionnaire.
Due to the practical nature of the course number of places is limited and will be filled on first come, first accepted basis. We advise to book in advance in order to avoid disappointment.
Early Bird £1795 + VAT. Regular Price £2095 + VAT.
- 5% discount for 2 delegates
- 10% discount for 3 delegates
If you have a team of 4 or more this course can be customised and organised in-house at your convenience.
Eureka Financial is a provider of banking, finance, regulatory, risk and wealth management training courses. We also offer some business management and soft skills training programmes. Based in London, UK, we organise public courses in London as well as tailored in-house...
Find out more about this International Payments course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!