"A worthwhile investment. Very informative and interactive" - Risk and Assuance, NLNG
"The course was very good and would be useful for all directors" - Director, Retirement Benefits Authority
This practical Corporate Governance training programme examines current best practice in all aspects of corporate governance, from the new role of board committees and directors' responsibilities and powers, to best implementation of governance in day-to-day activities.
The costs and benefits of best practice governance will be examined and practical guidance will be given on such issues as the relationship with shareholders and other stakeholders, managing and meeting the expectations of the market, international investors and local government and regulatory authorities. You will also discuss the challenges of implementing best-practice corporate governance in emerging markets and will include the specific requirements of banks and financial institutions.
Upcoming start dates
11 December, 2023
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who should attend?
- Directors & Board Members
- Audit Committee members
- Company secretaries and governance professionals
- Corporate counsel
- Senior company management
- Investors and fund managers
- Securities exchange officials
- Lawyers & legislators
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This comprehensive 4-day programme will cover:
- The current state and direction of best practices in corporate governance
- Implementing and embedding best practices within your organisation /institution
- How to structure board committees, institutional policies and procedures to conform to international requirements and expectations
- How to communicate governance procedures to outside stakeholders including shareholders, governments and communities
- Implementing governance directives within the management of the institution Analysing the governance of other institutions
- Governance as a competitive edge
- Identifying and maximising the financial benefit from improved corporate governance and procedures
Training Course Content
- The Significance of Corporate Governance
- Why is Corporate Governance So Important?
- The Business Case for Corporate Governance
- The Development of a Corporate Governance Consciousness: Codes of Conduct
- What is so Special about Corporate Governance in Banking?
- Influencing Executive Management Thinking
- The Role of the Board of Directors
- Board Dynamics and the Composition of the Board
- The New Emphasis on Directors’ Remuneration
- Family Firms and Corporate Governance
- International Perspectives on Corporate Governance
- An Overview of Corporate Governance Systems in the Industrialised
- Corporate Governance in Emerging Markets
- How are Banks Regulated and Supervised around the World?
- Learning from the Financial Crisis
- Corporate Governance Lessons from the Financial Crisis
- Assessing Corporate Governance in your Company
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)/Sustainable Development as a Business Driver
- Socially Responsible Investment (SRI)
Why choose Euromoney Learning
4.6/5 rating on course check for service
60,000 professionals trained across public courses
80+ countries where training is delivered
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
- Singapore - $6095
- London - £4495 + VAT
- Paris - £4495 + VAT
- Nairobi - £4495 + VAT
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
At Euromoney Learning, we understand that learning doesn’t start and end when you leave the classroom. We know that the financial markets never stand still, and that technology has both simplified and added complexity at a break-neck pace. That’s why...