Solutions to Building a Positive Data Protection Culture
Over a year on from the introduction of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), embedding a culture of data privacy excellence within an organisation should remain a top priority for all data privacy teams and professionals. Changing behaviours of employees from the top of an organisation down and fostering a cultural shift towards successful data management, reduces the risk of data breaches and enable you to proactively manage data privacy compliance.
Embedding a culture of privacy best practice can be a difficult challenge however, so this workshop provides an opportunity to discuss ways in which to create a positive privacy culture whilst overcoming some of the barriers that organisations can face.
Benefits of attending:
- Learn how to embed a positive Data Protection culture within your organisation
- Closely align the importance of privacy with your organisation's strategy and values
- Learn how to engage the staff within your organisation, from the board down, on matters of data protection.
- Acquire new tools, techniques, methods for implementing best practice privacy strategies
- Improve confidence through peer networking
In-house training options
Bespoke - we work with you to develop and deliver bespoke training courses to meet all your objectives. We develop the course and reference materials which can be delivered on a rolling basis or as a unique event, depending on your requirements.
Tailored – If one of our courses already meets the majority of your needs, but requires specific tailoring for a particular group of employees, we can tailor the material and delivery to ensure all the learning outcomes are met.
Standard – your requirements are already met by one of our courses, but you would prefer the course to be run in-house for a number of people.
Upcoming start dates
Enquire for more information
- In Company
- United Kingdom
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who should attend:
- Data Protection Officers
- Data Privacy Managers
- Any data protection or risk professionals who handle company data
Choose this course when:
- Looking to improve data protection policies and procedures
- Introducing new capabilities, methods and techniques
- Developing learnt responses to critical situations
- Improving knowledge & awareness around data privacy
- Developing desired behaviours within culture
Training Course Content
- Culture: The FCA regulator has identified "risk culture" as a priority focus within their 2019/20 business plan. We will examine the definition of Risk Culture and the link between firm values, attitudes and belief. We will explore the relationship between Risk Culture and Data Protection.
- Barriers to creating a positive privacy culture: Through practical discussion we will identify present firm wide barriers to creating and fostering a positive risk culture.
- Solutions & Ideas: Using a group think approach to generate ideas and solutions to creating a positive privacy culture.
- Modelling best practice data privacy: Workshop-based exercise to focus on attainable improvements to data privacy culture in your organisation.