Event Management – Advanced (In-House)
Suitable for Organisers of corporate events such as conferences, speaker events, official visits, seminars, dinners, awards, exhibitions, team building, ceremonial events and reward and appreciation events. It also works for providers of public events and for accidental, occasional and professional event planners of larger events or those who want excellence.
Upcoming start dates
Enquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Agree event style, objectives and desired outcomes with your internal or external customer
- Design and theme an event programme geared to excite and understand the importance of pre-event research techniques
- Deliver an event your customer wants, bringing each stage in on time and to budget
- Search, evaluate, select and site plan your event venue
- Set up a project plan covering all operational essentials
- Book and manage key services and suppliers, great speakers, acts, entertainment and catering
- Create compelling copy, using a variety of on and off line promotional media and promotional plans
- Write event risk assessments and develop contingency plans
- Evaluate your events and their return on investment
Training Course Content
Introduction & Workshop Objectives
- What will we cover today
- The world of events
8 point event expert planning process covering:
- Purpose of event, pre-event research, audience profile
- Presentation: Agreeing a theme, look, style, format, positioning your event and evaluating ideas
- Planning: Setting a date, drafting an event outline and planning each facet and stage
- Place: Setting venue criteria, searching and evaluating your venue, site visits, preparing site plans
- Programme: Designing and creating an event programme that’s excites, catering, encouraging participation and setting event timings
- Promotion: Creating compelling copy: using a variety of on/ off line promotional media, to target and engage the preferred audience
- Production: Delivering your event, operational plans, managing your suppliers, risk assessments
- People: it’s show time, leading your events teams, event evaluation and return
The way forward
- Summary, review and your future action
Why choose GBC Learning & Development
Established in 1994 and still learning!
Trusted by 400 world-wide
Save! Bring a Buddy Half Price
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Average rating 4.6
The trainer provided such motivation and appreciation through his passion for the subject. I look forward to this training being provided on a more regular basis
Lots of things to learn from this course. I am glad I took part
This was very good training. We need more training like this to develop our soft skills
Course Price: £360 + VAT
GBC Learning & Development – Invest for High Performing People
Practical yet inspiring topics, comprehensive content, and passionate trainers. Tap into the expertise of our trainers who have a wealth of experience in business, coupled with an understanding of how people learn and put their learning into practice in the...