External Wall Insulation 5 Day CourseGoldtrowel Plastering and Venetian Marble Plastering Courses
NVQ Level 2 External Wall Insulation Course -A 5-day Outdoor Training Course by Goldtrowel EWI
This 5-day course in External Wall Insulation (EWI) is delivered in a hands-on format, where participants can learn by doing. The course is delivered outdoors and is ideal for those working towards an LVQ Level 2.
This NQV Level 2 training course covers both the installment of thermal boards and the application of thin coat render systems. The National Vocational Qualification received from this course will enable participants to work on large projects, contracts with local councils and various other contractors. They will also be able to demonstrate that they have trained with Qualified Assessors and Verifiers who are compliant with the Government's Green Deal.
The programme can be tailored to suit the group's individual needs and will usually cover insulation board fixing, basecoat application and the final finish. A choice of silicone thin coat render, dry dash, brick slip or brick effect render will be used to demonstrate all the steps of external insulation.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This hands-on course with Goldtrowel EWI is suitable for those with an interest in learning insulation and rendering techniques. This course is ideal for both beginners and experienced participants, as the course can be tailored to each participants' level of skill and learning requirements.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
At the end of the 5-day course, successful participants will receive an applicators certificate. The NVQ Level 2 can be added to this course at an extra cost of £750.00.
Training Course Content
The Level 2 NVQ work-based course in External Wall Insulation from Goldtrowel EWI will cover the following skill areas, taken from the official National Vocational Qualification curriculum:
- QCF 448v2 - Installing External Wall Insulation in the Workplace
- QCF 641 - Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- QCF 642 - Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- QCF 643 - Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
- QCF 449v2 - Applying Surface Finishes to External Wall Insulation in the Workplace
The practical training is structured as follows:
- Product Content and Tools Required
- Site Preparation. - Understanding Substrates and Bad Practices.
- Commence Installing throughout day
- Continuation of Installation
- Basecoats and covering in depth suctions and usages.
- Meshing, Covering all Fixing of Various Beads
- Understanding and Application of Priming and Applying Wetherby Acrylic Render Systems
- Continuation of Above
- Overall Discussion
- Problem Solving Exercise
- Presentation of Certificates
The cost of this 5-day training course is £875 and includes VAT
Goldtrowel Construction Training Centre provides training for all the trowel trades. Goldtrowel is a City and Guilds and NVQ Level 2 accredited training centre and also delivers EWPA's in plastering,tiling and bricklaying for experienced workers wanting to obtain their NVQ. Goldtrowel's flexible hands on training gets candidates qualified, confident...
Goldtrowel Plastering and Venetian Marble Plastering Courses
Find out more about this External Wall Insulation 5 Day Course course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!