Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Business
These subjects will help students develop an in-depth understanding and awareness of the key aspects of the business sector at Level 5, through 5 core units (mandatory).
The units are
- Research Project
- Organisational Behaviour (Assignment based)
- Identifying Entrepreneurial Opportunities (Assignment based)
- Launching a New Venture (Assignment based)
- Managing and Running a Small Business (Assignment based)
- Resource and Talent Planning
- Human Resource – Value and Contribution to Organisational Success
Suitability - Who should attend?
Satisfactory completion of the HNC with a minimum attendance of 85% and an excellent College report. External applicants will be considered subject to matching of HNC units and satisfactory references.
All students who are non-native English speakers and who have not undertaken their final two years of schooling in English, must demonstrate capability in English at a standard equivalent to IELTS 5.5; Reading and Writing must be at 5.5 or equivalent.
Who is the course for?
BTEC Higher Nationals provide a wide-ranging study of the Business sector and are designed for students who wish to pursue or advance their career in Business.
This course is for those who wish to pursue a career in a wide range of business areas such as marketing, HR or finance etc. Besides being a stand-alone qualification this course is for those students who wish to progress to year 3 of a university degree (Top up) course.
Training Course Content
- Computing Research Project (Pearson-set)
- Business Intelligence
- Information Security Management
- E-Commerce Strategy
- Network Security
Course delivery details
09:00 - 17:00
The HND has 1,200 hours of Total Qualification Time. This is an estimate of the total time it could reasonably be expected for a learner to achieve a qualification. 40% or 480 hours of the allocated time (TQT) is spent at college in lectures and workshops. This is 15 hours per week, with half spent in lecturers (taught lessons) and half in workshops. (Opportunities for research with lecturer support). The remaining 60% or 720 hours will be spent completing independent study. For example, completing assignments, working at home or in the LRC.
- Home Fees: £5,790
- Overseas Fees: £7910
The skills offered as part of the BTEC Higher National Diploma can provide graduates with the opportunity to work in many different areas of the Business sector. Previous students have successfully gained employment in the following roles: Banking, Law, accounting, Retail management, Hospitality, Event organisation etc.
Details of entry requirements for BTEC Higher National graduates into degree programmes at institutions in the UK and internationally can be found here
BSc degree programmes and MSc programmes after suitable post-diploma experience.
Students have progressed onto the final year of a degree course at the following universities:
- Hertfordshire University
- Middlesex University
- Greenwich University
- Westminster University
- Anglia Ruskin University
- West London University
- East London University
- Bath University.
- Pearson College
- Kingston College.
HCUC - Harrow College & Uxbridge College
It’s no surprise that students travel from all over London to study at Harrow College and Uxbridge College. With specialist career advisers on hand to offer advice and guidance, the colleges deliver successful results in further education and career progression....