Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Advanced Industrial Climber (MOD 4)HSS Training
Advanced Industrial Climber (MOD 4)
Advanced Industrial Climber (MOD 4) 1-day training course
Building on the skills delivered in the MOD3 (Occasional Climber) course, this Advanced Industrial Climber course equips supervisors with the advanced safety skills needed to set up temporary access systems, as well as inspect and use appropriate fall arrest equipment.
The 1-day programme has a highly practical focus, instructing participants in the following core areas:
- The impact of fall factors in an industrial setting
- Evaluation of rescue factors prior to task commencement
- Working at height risk assessment & hazard awareness
- Climbing & traversing using double lanyards
- Use of temporary fall arrest equipment & systems
- Casualty access & rescue systems
By the end of the training, they will have the competence to confidently supervise and work on access towers and similar structures, as well as plan for emergencies and carry out rescues or evacuations when required.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone looking to gain the skills to supervise work at height on towers, masts, pylons and similar structures.
Participants must be able to certify that they are physically fit and able to work at height.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Participants who successfully complete the course will receive a Certificate of Attendance and photo ID card valid for a period of 3 years.
Training Course Content
The course covers the following topics:
- The effect of fall factors in an industrial location
- Assessment of rescue implications prior to task commencement
- Hazard awareness & risk assessment for working at height
- Use of double lanyards for climbing / traversing
- Installation of temporary fall arrest equipment & systems
- Fully conversant with appropriate rescue systems
- Casualty access & rescue
The cost of this course is £227 + VAT.
This sum includes registration, certification and exam fees.
In-House & Bespoke Training
HSS Training can deliver this programme on your company premises as a dedicated course. They can also develop an entirely bespoke programme to meet your specific needs in terms of technical business aspects, unique operating environment(s) and/or particular learning styles.
Provider: HSS Training
HSS Training - Accredited Health & Safety Courses in the UK
Part of the highly respected HSS Hire Group, HSS Training is the company division dedicated to developing and delivering health and safety training across a range of specialist areas. Operating across the UK and Ireland, HSS Training offers 200+ accredited...