Project Finance - 3 day course in London or in house training
This course designed and delivered by the International Faculty of Finance examines the project financing process in detail, focusing on financing term sheets and documentation. Delegates then progress to a study of the project financing challenges of today, using case studies and group discussions to apply the skills they have acquired.
A practical learning solution
This course provides an in-depth look at the specific challenges faced within individual branches of the project finance industry. Qualitative risk modeling is used heavily in this course. Individual topics of interest, suck as 'Equator Principles' are covered both in lecture and discussion format.
Upon completion of this programme, participants will be prepared to:
- Understand the specific challenges faced by each industry branch
- Use the qualitative risk 'template' and economic modelling to address those challenges
- Develop a feel for what is and is not achievable from a financing perspective - and why
- Recognise how structures have changed over time
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Project Finance training course is a unique project finance training course which has been designed for professionals needing a thorough grounding in limited-recourse financing applied to a range of capital-intensive industries, such as:
- Power generation
- Alternative energy
- Upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas and petrochemicals
- PPP/PFI projects
Training Course Content
This Project Finance training course is designed to cover the following areas:
What is Project Finance?
- Definition – “Project Finance” as opposed to financing of a project
- Limited-recourse and non-recourse finance
- Origins of project finance
- Who uses project finance and why?
- What is the downside?
Sponsors and Lenders/ The Lender’s Risk Analysis
- Different risk/reward objectives of sponsors and lenders
- Balancing equity and debt
- Different types of debt – senior/ subordinated/mezzanine
- Structural & pricing drivers
- Key ratios – annual debt service, loan life and project life covers
- Balancing equity and debt
The Project Finance Process
- The Players and their interests
- Ownership structures
- Key project contracts
- Role of advisers:
- The financial feasibility study/debt structuring
- The information memorandum
- Debt underwriting/syndication
- Financial close
- Post-close monitoring
Other Sources of Debt Finance / Risk Mitigation
- The bond markets
- Credit enhancement through guarantees
- Islamic finance
- Private political risk insurance market
- Export credit agencies
- Multilateral agencies/development banks
- Sponsor co-financing
Project Financing Documentation
- The term-sheet – purpose, legal status, binding/non-binding aspects
- Term-sheet/documentation provisions:
- Term-sheet interactive exercise
- Legal opinions
- LMA standard terms
Sustainable Lending – the Equator Principles
- Origins & purpose of the equator principles
- Development and current adherents
- Purpose & scope
- Practical application using examples
Energy Project Finance
- Oil & gas financing
- Power project finance
Infrastructure Project Finance
- Toll-road and bridge financing
- Rail/light rail systems
- Water/desalination projects
- Rationale for public to private projects
- The PFI/PPP process
- Regulatory/public sector oversight
- Project types
The cost of this Project Finance training course is £2,399 + VAT per delegate.
IFF is the global leader in the provision of tailored in-company courses that are designed to bring about significant increases in personal and organisational performance. Request a customised quote from IFF below.
As one of the world's leading specialist financial training organisations, The International Faculty of Finance, provides participants in the global financial markets with intensive technical training programmes designed to help them succeed on the global stage. Established in 1991 we...
Find out more about this Project Finance course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!