Technology & Innovation Management
IfM has designed this intensively interactive three-day course to assist managers in understanding and using key frameworks, tools and techniques that can be used to exploit technological investments and opportunities to the fullest.
The course is intended individuals who are progressing into roles where they will be responsible for managing technology and innovation in their organisations. However, the course will also be valuable for technologists who want to gain a better understanding of the associated management issues as well as more senior managers wishing to refresh their knowledge of the topics and share experience with other participants who come from a range of different sectors.
The course is presented by members of the Centre for Technology Management (CTM), one of the research centres within the University of Cambridge’s Institute for Manufacturing. The course is practically based on intensive research and industrial experience in the methods that will be covered.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The course is suitable for those involved in all stages of the innovation process from R&D to customer support, including:
- Product managers
- Manufacturing managers
- Strategic planners
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the course you will have a working knowledge of how to:
- Integrate technological considerations into business strategy and long-range planning processes
- Understand which products and components to make in-house and which to outsource
- Deal with associated collaboration issues
- Manage new product development and introduction processes in the context of the innovation system
- Use appropriate, process-based technology management approaches
Training Course Content
- Introduction to technology and innovation management: core frameworks.
- Technology and innovation management: evolutionary and change perspectives.
- Technology intelligence: approaches for keeping abreast of technology developments and trends.
- Innovation and new product introduction: key concepts, frameworks and approaches.
- Open innovation: opportunities and challenges, and the role of intermediaries.
- Strategic technology management: practical approaches, including portfolios and roadmapping.
- Make vs buy: frameworks and approaches for supporting strategic and tactical sourcing decisions.
- Managing partnerships: challenges and approaches of asymmetric collaboration.
- IP Management: intellectual property issues when identifying, valuing and exploiting technology.
The cost of this three-day course is £2,995.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
The Institute for Manufacturing (IfM) is part of the University of Cambridge’s Department of Engineering. It brings together expertise in management, technology and policy to address the full spectrum of issues which can help industry and governments create sustainable economic growth. World...
Find out more about this Technology & Innovation Management course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
IfM ECS has been partnering with Atos SE in the delivery of a highly bespoke professional development programme for exceptional experts within their organisation.