Criminal Cross Examination
Criminal Cross Examination & Handling Experts
This one-day course is designed to give you a better understanding of how to cross-examine so that you will be more confident in planning for and conducting cross-examination of your opponent’s witnesses.
If you are an experienced advocate, you will have the opportunity to deepen and/or re-focus your understanding of cross-examination, to reflect upon your experiences and to understand how to improve your performances as a trial advocate.
If you are an inexperienced litigator and/or advocate, you will have the opportunity to learn what makes an effective cross-examination.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is designed for any lawyer who involved in or is about to become involved in trial advocacy, whether in the higher or lower courts.
It is designed to benefit both experienced advocates and those without experience in court.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Extend and/or re-focus your knowledge of how to prepare for a cross-examination;
- Feel more confident in approaching a cross-examination; and
- Learn about, practice and improve your cross-examination advocacy skills and so improve your prospects of success in court.
Training Course Content
- Presentation Skills (including dealing with nerves/anxiety);
- The importance of developing a Case Theory and knowing what your aims/objectives are for each witness;
- The objectives and rules for cross-examination;
- Techniques, including Structure and Questioning Skills; and
- Different types of witness (Awkward Witnesses, Vulnerable Witnesses and Experts).
The cost of this training course is £165 + VAT per delegate.
In-house Legal Training
Kaplan Altior will work in partnership with you to design a product which meets the specific training needs in your organisation. Experienced trainers selected specifically for your firm and your unique requirements can deliver this programme in a safe environment, where firm specific issues can be explored and discussed in confidence. With no associated delegate travel costs, this is a highly cost effective and convenient solution for your staff training.
Provider: Kaplan Altior
Kaplan Altior have been providing training and consulting services to the legal profession for over 40 years. With a broad training portfolio, including CPD courses for solicitors, higher court advocates, barristers, paralegals, Professional Skills Course (PSC), Trainee Litigation Programme (TLP),...
Watch the video
Request information - obligation free
Find out more about this Criminal Cross Examination course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!