Master of Science in Materials Science and Engineering
The MSc in Material Science and Engineering (MSEN) is an exciting research-led program, with a wide range of courses and a significant research component that provides an in-depth grounding in the various aspects of the broad field of material science and engineering. The program is delivered by experienced international faculty who are actively engaged in cutting-edge research. The Material Science and Engineering program provides excellent training for those aiming to pursue a career in industry and academia as well as research and development.
Upcoming start dates
Fall Term: September Spring Term: January
- Abu Dhabi
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum CGPA of 3.0 out of 4.0, or equivalent from a reputable accredited institution
- A minimum level of English proficiency in the form of: iBT TOEFL (internet-based test) score of 91 or equivalent, or overall academic IELTS score of 6.5, or 1550 EmSAT English score
- A minimum quantitative score of 150 in the general Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- A minimum of two referee recommendations (provided via online form)
- Statement of purpose (500-1,000 words)
- Admission interview.
The MSc in Material Science and Engineering consists of 36 credit hours that include 12 credits of core courses, 12 credits of elective courses and 12 credits of Master’s Thesis. Teaching is delivered through a combination of lectures and projects. The courses provide a comprehensive overview of the latest advances in material science and engineering. During the research component of the program, students will have the opportunity to work with experts in the field using state-of-the-art facilities and techniques.
Local students have the option to complete the program as part-time, stretched over 4 years.
The program costs are waived for both local and international students.