Master of Science in Petroleum GeoscienceKhalifa University of Science and Technology
Master of Science in Petroleum Geoscience
The Department of Earth Sciences is an internationally recognized center of excellence in education and research in petroleum geology and geophysics. The diverse expertise of the faculty in the department supports a variety of research opportunities that include studies of both earth surface and deep processes, including geological hazards, environmental geoscience, sedimentology/facies analysis, micropaleontology, bio- and chemo- stratigraphy, seismology, petrology, tectonics, geophysics, and geochemistry.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum CGPA of 3.0 out of 4.0, or equivalent from a reputable accredited institution
- A minimum level of English proficiency in the form of: iBT TOEFL (internet-based test) score of 91 or equivalent, or overall academic IELTS score of 6.5, or 1550 EmSAT English score
- A minimum quantitative score of 150 in the general Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- A minimum of two referee recommendations (provided via online form)
- Statement of purpose (500-1,000 words)
- Admission interview.
Students entering the M.Sc. in Petroleum Geosciences are required to take a minimum of 22 credit hours of technical coursework (including 8 credit hours of electives), 1 credit hour of Technical and Scientific Writing, and 12 credit hours of Master’s Thesis research. The program of study is selected by the student in consultation with his/her advisor(s). While the content of required courses focuses on the needs of the hydrocarbon industry, elective courses and Thesis research can be undertaken in other areas of the Earth Sciences.
Local students have the option to complete the program as part-time, stretched over 4 years.
The program costs are waived for both local and international students.
Khalifa University of Science and Technology
Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines three of the United Arab Emirates’ leading universities - the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and The Petroleum Institute (PI) -...
Find out more about this Master of Science in Petroleum Geoscience course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!