Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The role and importance of the procurement function in the value chain.
- The major tasks and responsibilities of purchasing.
- The various roles in a buying decision-making unit.
- How to manage procurement risk.
- The specific areas of attention in specifying services, and selecting and contracting service providers.
- The basic supply chain concepts.
- The structure of the procurement function within organisations.
- The increasing strategic role of the procurement function.
- The methods and techniques of procurement performance measurement.
- The role and importance of governance in procurement.
- How to develop sustainable procurement.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Professional managers in trade and industry, active in purchasing or supply chain management, who are interested in opportunities for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the procurement and supply function of their organisations.
- Those who supervise procurement staff directly or indirectly.
- Those who come from a non-procurement background and are interested in the latest developments in procurement.
- Those who are interested in procurement and supply management in its broadest sense.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A Certificate of Attendance from London Business Training & Consulting is issued on course completion.
Training Course Content
The Role of Procurement in the Value Chain
- Importance of procurement to business
- Classification of purchasing goods and equipment
- New developments in procurement
The Purchasing Management Process
- Primary tasks and responsibilities of the procurement function
- Supporting the internal client
- Professionalising purchasing by delivering value for money
- How purchasing and supply management develops over time
Decision-making in Procurement
- Creating the Statement of Requirement
- Supplier sourcing
- Supplier evaluation and award
- Why risk management is key to procurement effectiveness
- Typical supply chain risks
- Assessing probability and analysing impact
- Methods of managing procurement risk
- The role for contracts as a risk management tool
Buying Business Services
- Why buying services is different
- Classification of services
- Contract Management for the construction industry
- Managing performance in service contracts
Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Materials requirements planning
- Basic logistics structures
- Just-in-time management
- Elements of the procurement information system
- Co-ordination problems between procurement and logistics
Organisation and Structure
- Factors influencing the location of procurement in the organisation
- Levels of tasks, responsibilities and authority
- Organisational structures within procurement
- Job profiles
Procurement and Business Strategy
- Procurement and competitive strategy
- Integrating procurement into business strategy
- Procurement excellence
- Procurement portfolio analysis
- Global sourcing
Performance Measurement and Governance
- How to assess performance of our suppliers and contractors?
- Setting service quality, efficiency and effectiveness performance measures
- Using e-procurement tools to deliver an efficient and transparent internal process
- Procurement audit as a management tool
- Delivering value for money through sustainable procurement
- Triple bottom line considerations
- ‘In-country value’ and other responsibilities in procurement
- Developing and improving a sustainable supply chain
- Example approaches: Product-based and supplier-based
London Business Training & Consulting
London Business Training & Consulting (LBTC) is the UK’s premier business and management training and consulting service provider. We cater to both individual and organisational clients from all over the world. LBTC’s services are delivered by practising business and management...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Advanced Strategic Procurement course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!