Advanced Certificate in Strategic Procurement (ACSP™)
Advanced Certificate in Strategic Procurement :ACSP™
"A 5-day course for world class procurement skills"
Though procurement has always been crucial to an organisation's success, it is only in recent years that businesses have really come to terms with the added value it can create.
This Advanced Certificate in Strategic Procurement: ACSP™ course is designed precisely to equip delegates with the advanced skills to ensure that they keep up with trends regarding the shift from operational buying to strategic procurement. With the ultimate goal of helping them create a competitive advantage for their company, the course thus focuses on providing an in-depth overview of the framework, principles, and tools needed to embed category-based procurement in their organisation.
By the end of the training, participants will thus have developed a range of key skills geared towards controlling expenditure across the supply chain, tackling common problems including cost, delays, poor quality, loss of control and lack of cost visibility.
The Advanced Certificate in Strategic Procurement: ACSP™ is certified, through independent assessment and accreditation, by the International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management (IFPSM) PAS Standard
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Advanced Certificate in Strategic Procurement is suitable for a number of professional figures, including:
- Procurement Directors
- Business Owners / Managing Directors
- Supplier Managers
- Supply Chain Consultants
- Buyers / Senior Buyers
- Operations Managers & Directors
- Finance Managers
- Project Managers
- Executive Directors
- General Managers
- Divisional Heads
- Project Directors
- Project Engineers
- Administration Managers
- Project Leaders
- Team Leaders
- Management Consultants
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Gain an accredited Certificate which has been certified, through independent assessment and accreditation, by the International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management (IFPSM) PAS Standard”.
- Use ACSP™ on your business card and on your resume.
- The ACSP™ certificate will be received approximately one month following the close of the training course and will be issued jointly by IFPSM and BMTG (UK) Ltd
Training Course Content
The course is structured as follows:
Understand the Role of Procurement
- Operational Importance
- Make ‘v’ Buy Assessments
- Build an Effective Procurement Function
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Function
- Understand Cost ‘v’ Capability
Deliver Successful Procurement Projects
- Stakeholder Management
- Obtain and Maintain Buy-in
- Key Project Stages
- Project Documentation
- Communication Strategies
- Team Structures
Understand the Current Position
- ‘Commodity Based Procurement’ Explained
- Identify and Understand Expenditure
- Build Commodity Groups and Structures
- Split Expenditure by Commodity
- Identify and Understand Key Cost Drivers
- Assess and Rank Existing Suppliers
- Identify Strengths and Weaknesses
- Build Simple and Effective Analysis Models
Understand Commodity Supply Markets
- Assessment of Buyer and Supplier Power
- Assess Local, National and International Options
- Generate Competition in the Market
- Supplier Identification, Analysis and Ranking
- Build Effective Commodity Strategies
Build Effective Tenders
- Invitation to Tender (ITT) Fundamentals
- Key Assessment Categories
- Understand and Document Requirements
- Obtain Organisational Buy-In
- Achieve Objectivity and Transparency
- Build Simple and Effective Assessment Tools
- Dealing with Verification Visits
Cost Control and Reduction
- Understand Cost ‘v’ Price
- Strengths and Weaknesses of Costing Mechanisms
- Understand Cost Drivers
- Introduce Competition
- Obtain Transparency
- Identify Cost Reduction Opportunities
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and Service Levels
- Key KPI Principles
- Selecting Effective KPI’s
- Selecting Appropriate Service Levels
- KPI Frequency
Negotiation – Making all the Hard Work Count!
- Key Steps to Successful Negotiation
- Build the Negotiation Plan
- Build a Position of Power
- Negotiating Styles
- The Negotiating Team
- Closing the Deal
The programme will include a series of group exercises, a personality profile and case studies with a high level of delegate interaction.
Delivery Options & Expenses
The ACSP™ public course is delivered in multiple international locations.
BMTG can also deliver this course in-house anywhere in the world, either directly or via one of their global Partners.
Though 80% of the course material must remain the same in order for the courses to retain their international accreditation, the remaining 20% can be customised to meet client-specific needs.
Provider: BMTG (UK) Ltd
BMTG (UK) Ltd - Global Business Training
BMTG (UK) Ltd collaborates with an international network of partners to offer a wide range of Business Management training courses to individuals, corporate delegates and companies worldwide. BMTG's mission is to become the partner of choice for the delivery...
Request information - obligation free
Contact information for BMTG (UK) Ltd
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this Advanced Certificate in Strategic Procurement (ACSP™) course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!