Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Online Training Course
The ADHD course will give you the information you require to live with or work with a person who suffers from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. This training course is designed to teach students everything about ADHD from defining and controlling the condition to success stories and improving it.
ADHD doesn't discriminate, and it is likely that you live with, work with, know, or even are someone who has this condition. This course will also give anyone who is unfamiliar with the condition an overview of the symptoms and struggles that those with ADHD deal with. You will also learn how to interact with those who have the condition.
Introduction to the ADHD Diploma Course
This online training course will allow you to study this information when it is convenient for you and at your own pace. Many who take this course continue to work a full time job, and study when they can.
You can access this course on any mobile device that has internet access, and you will also have access to online support whenever you require it. The course also includes a syllabus, which has been broken into easy to get through modules.
When completing this course, to test your knowledge of the material, you must take a test, and when passed, you will receive a diploma, which is recognised throughout several industries. This is a downloadable certificate.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who can take the ADHD Diploma course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
What You Will Learn
The ADHD course will provide a full overview of what ADHD is, how it is treated, theories surrounding ADHD, and how to live a full life with the condition. When taking this course, you will learn:
- An introduction and history of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- ADHD and the family structure.
- How ADHD is diagnosed.
- How ADHD affects children, adolescents, teens, and adults.
- The different treatment methods and therapies for ADHD.
- How to recognise behavioural patterns in those with ADHD.
- What the future of ADHD might look like.
- About the misconceptions often associated with ADHD.
- Examples of ADHD success stories.
Benefits of the ADHD Diploma
Once enrolled on this course, you will find a number of benefits when earning this ADHD diploma.
- The ability to study anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection. You can study in your lunch break, at home, or almost anywhere.
- You can study when you want and how you want. There is no time limit, so you can complete it in days, weeks, or even months.
- You will have the ability to study from any internet-connected device including a PC, mobile telephone, or tablet.
- An easy to follow structure, as the course is divided into easy to manage modules. This helps to make the experience enjoyable.
- Access to online support, which helps you to stay on track as you study.
- Leaning from a comprehensive course, which will give you all of the knowledge necessary to work with, live with, or interact with those with ADHD.
- Improving your prospects when applying for work in the field.
- Access to a trustworthy, certified diploma.
- Affordable pricing.
Training Course Content
Module 1: Introduction to ADHD
- The basic definition of ADHD.
- Who discovered it and created the term.
- How understanding has changed over the years.
- How to start to take control of the issues.
Module 2 : The Family Picture of ADHD
- How a child with ADHD can act within a family.
- A look at how the parents can initially deal with such a condition.
- How siblings can deal with, or be helped, in this situation.
- The future for the family when a child has ADHD.
Module 3 : The Diagnosis of ADHD and its First Treatments
- The initial symptoms to look out for
- How to get that all-important diagnosis
- The first treatments that could be an option
- How to know if those treatments are making a difference
Module 4 : The Picture of ADHD and how it affects the Child
- What is going on in the child with ADHD?
- How it bursts out and affects th.
- Dealing with those initial outbursts.
- Preventing things from getting worse.
Module 5 : Moving into Adolescence with ADHD
- The probls of a later diagnosis.
- Signs in adolescence that all is not well.
- How it affects their ability to evolve into an adult.
- How to move forward in this situation.
Module 6 : Moving into Adulthood with ADHD
- The latest research on ADHD in adults.
- How it progresses into this stage of life.
- How to still get treatment.
- How to help the individual.
Module 7 : Recognised Approaches to ADHD
- The key medications that are used for the treatment of ADHD.
- Potential side effects associated with these medications.
- Therapies that are available, that can also help.
- What to do if you feel that the treatment is not helping.
Module 8 : Treatment with the Holistic Approach
- What we actually mean by the holistic approach.
- The key treatments associated with this approach.
- How effective are they going to be?
- Combining both options, to improve the quality of life.
Module 9 : Patterns of Behaviour for Parents to be Aware of
- What we mean by patterns of behaviour.
- The key patterns to look out for.
- How to react when you spot this behaviour.
- Is there anything to worry about - and how do you proceed?
Module 10 : How Parents Can Cope with a Child That Has ADHD
- The basic steps when handling a child with ADHD.
- The key mistakes you must avoid making.
- Important strategies to put into place to help you.
- How to seek help and not struggle all on your own.
Module 11 : Everyday Issues to Be Overcome By Everybody Involved
- Common everyday issues for people with ADHD.
- Common everyday issues for those that help people with ADHD.
- How a person with ADHD can overcome th.
- How a person without ADHD can overcome their issues.
Module 12 : The Future for an Individual with This Diagnosis
- Why a diagnosis does not have to ruin their future.
- The picture of the future, according to those that do not understand it.
- The actual future that can be out there.
- How to make sure that you can have the future that you want with ADHD.
Module 13 : Common Misconceptions Regarding ADHD
- The most common misconceptions linked to the condition.
- What the reality is for those with the condition.
- How these misconceptions hurt those that have the condition.
- What to do in order to rectify the situation.
Module 14 : Giving Hope to Those That Suffer
- Examples of success stories of those with ADHD.
- The key lessons to take from these success stories.
- How to take those lessons - and put th into action.
- A step by step breakdown on how to improve the life of the sufferer, due to these lessons.
Module 15 : Key Points to Consider Regarding ADHD
- The absolute key points on how ADHD affects the individual.
- The key points on how to help those individuals.
- How to improve your ability to deal with the condition.
- Where to get further help.
Course delivery details
We estimate that the course will take about 12 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
Why choose Learning247
Gain a New Qualification - Get a verifiable qualification with Learning247 and improve your career prospects. Most of our courses CPD Accredited.
Wide Range of Courses - With over 800+ courses to choose from you're sure to find a course that interests you.
Study Anywhere & Any time - All of our online courses can be studied from your PC, MacBook , tablet or smart phone device.
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...