Event Management Diploma Online Training Course
A career in events management or wedding management can be exceptionally rewarding. This is a fast paced environment where you will be expected to know the industry and have outstanding planning and problem solving skills. This course is ideal for anyone who is looking for a successful career as a wedding or event manager or for anyone who is already working within the industry, but wants to have a certification in place to prove their passion and dedication to the industry.
The events management diploma is made up of twenty three modules. These modules are brimming with valuable information, tips, advice and guidance to help you enjoy a successful career as an events or wedding manager. The course should take around fifteen hours to complete with the convenience of studying at your own pace and where you feel most comfortable, utilising the online modules which work on all devices.
You will learn a host of essential skills, including staging and design, event logistics, legalities and what you need to know to start your own event management business.
During your studies you will have access to online support and on completion you will need to pass a multiple choice test which is based on what you have learned in the modules. On passing, you can download and print your certificate straight away.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
What You Will Learn
In this information packed course, you can expect to learn the following:
- Understand the benefits of having a diploma and what is expected of you as an events manager.
- Learn the benefits of strategic management, why budgeting is so important and identify different events management software solutions.
- Identify why customer service skills are so important along with how to improve your communication skills effectively.
- Learn about the various types of events you may be asked to manage during your career.
- Learn about staging and design and gain insight into using the venue's resources, how to use seasonal themes and so much more.
- Understand the importance of financial management. Learn how to stick to a budget, sell tickets and manage the finances effectively throughout the event.
- Get insight into the importance of health and safety at all events. Learn how to run an event safely, what to look out for and how to cater to emergencies.
- Get advice on troubleshooting and logistics at events from electricity supply to tables and parking.
- Understand the wedding planning industry and why people need wedding planners to help them organise their special day.
- Identify with the various wedding types.
- Learn the wedding planning process.
- How to choose the right wedding venue based on your clients. Venues, hidden extras, negotiating the best prices and more.
- Understand the different wedding ceremonies and legalities, such as who can get married, making it official and schedules.
- Learn how to choose the right wedding theme.
- Learn how to save money when it comes to wedding attire, along with the regulations you need to be aware of.
- Get valuable insight on wedding catering and entertainment.
- Understand your role when it comes to printed materials.
- Organising transportation.
- Tips to find the best wedding photographers and videographers.
- Know your role as a wedding planner when the couple is getting married abroad.
- How to start your own events management business.
- Get a firm understanding of marketing, insurance and tax when opening your own events management business.
Benefits of the Event Management Diploma
This diploma is guaranteed to provide you with a wide range of superior benefits from when you first decide on events management as your career to running your own successful business.
The benefits include:
- Recognised certification.
- Online support throughout your studies.
- Informative modules you can rely on.
- Study at your own pace, no set schedules to work to.
- Boost your career in events management.
- Gain the knowledge and skills you need to enjoy a successful career.
- Get the insight and advice you need to start your own events management business.
Training Course Content
- Module 1: Introduction to Event Planning
- Module 2 : Strategic Management
- Module 3 : Customer Service Skills/ Personal Qualities Required
- Module 4 : Types of event
- Module 5 : Staging and Design
- Module 6 : Event Management Finances & Ticketing
- Module 7 : Health and Safety for Events
- Module 8 : Event management logistics & troubleshooting
- Module 9 : Wedding Planning Introduction
- Module 10 : Types of Wedding
- Module 11 : The Wedding Planning Process
- Module 12 : Choosing a Wedding Venue
- Module 13 : Wedding ceremonies & Wedding Legalities
- Module 14 : Planning a Wedding Theme
- Module 15: Clothing , Beauty & Attire for Weddings
- Module 16: Wedding Catering
- Module 17: Wedding Entertainment
- Module 18: Printed Materials and the Gift List
- Module 19 : Wedding Transport
- Module 20 : Photography/Videography
- Module 21 : Weddings Abroad
- Module 22 : Starting Your Own Events Planning Business
- Module 23: Marketing, Insurance &Tax
Course delivery details
We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
Why choose Learning247
Gain a New Qualification - Get a verifiable qualification with Learning247 and improve your career prospects. Most of our courses CPD Accredited.
Wide Range of Courses - With over 800+ courses to choose from you're sure to find a course that interests you.
Study Anywhere & Any time - All of our online courses can be studied from your PC, MacBook , tablet or smart phone device.
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...