The Health & Social Care Certificate course contains all the knowledge you require to enter into a successful career as a carer. Upon completing the course, you will have the skills necessary to enter into this growing and important field.
This course has been designed to give students a full overview of all you need to know to work as a carer, even if you are new to the industry. You will learn everything from how to safely handle other people to how to safely use technological advances in the workplace. We have ensured that this course contains all the information required to enhance your future or current career.
The Health and Social Care Certificate course is completed entirely online, which gives you the opportunity to learn at your own pace. We provide 24/7 access to the course materials, too, which means you can study when and where it is convenient for you. We also offer online support for those who require extra help.
Many students complete the care course when working full time, which gives you a chance to train without losing valuable income. Remember, the course is flexible, so you can learn whenever it is convenient for you.
You can access this course from any device with an internet connection. The modules are flexible, easy to navigate, and short enough to handle in a sitting.
Upon completing the course, there is a multiple choice exam that you must pass. When you do so, you will earn your certificate. This certificate can be printed directly from the course website.
What You Will Learn
The Health and Social Care Certificate course was created to give students all they require to step into this thriving industry. Upon completing the course, you can easily step into the role as a carer or seek out further educational opportunities in the carer field.
The carer course covers the following:
- Your rights as a carer
- Safe practices at the workplace
- Safeguarding vulnerable adults
- Fire safety
- Controlling and preventing infection
- Heart health and basic adult life support
- Food safety
- Mental capacity laws
- Mental health awareness
- First aid
- Safeguarding children
Benefits of the Health & Social Care course
Those who take the carer course will benefit from the following:
- The ability to study from any location as long as you have an internet connection.
- Capacity to study at the pace that is right for you without any added deadline pressure.
- The use of any device you choose, including tablets, computers and mobile phones.
- Easy to learn and digest course materials thanks to short modules and activities.
- Online support available when needed.
- Ability to access the full syllabus at any time, which keeps you focused.
- An increase in confidence in the carer field while learning to excel at a pace that is comfortable for you.
- You will obtain recognised certification when completing the course, which will improve your career prospects.
- Affordable course material, which is accessible 24/7.
Who can take the course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course. What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 19 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience. Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move! Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing. What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don't pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course. When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.How long does it take to complete the course?We estimate that the course will take about 20 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: Best Practices for the Safe Handling of People
- Module 2: The Rights and Roles of Carers
- Module 3: Safe Practices for Manual Handling Activities in the Workplace
- Module 4: Guidance for Carers on the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults
- Module 5: Fire Prevention and Safety
- Module 6: Preventing and Controlling the Spread of Infection
- Module 7: Health and Safety for Employees in the Care Sector
- Module 8: Heart Health and Adult Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Module 9: A Carers Guide to Food Safety and Hygiene Designed to Protect People from Harm
- Module 10: A Care Workers Guide to COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health)
- Module 11: Master Communication “ Avoiding the Barriers
- Module 12: Understanding Mental Capacity Laws and the Depravation of Liberty Safeguards
- Module 13: Mental Health Awareness for Community Care
- Module 14: Equality, Diversity and Human Rights
- Module 15: First Aid Awareness
- Module 16: Dementia Awareness
- Module 17: Data Protection “ Safeguarding Confidential Personal Data
- Module 18: The Roles of Carers for Safeguarding Children
- Module 19: Display Screen Equipment: The Safe Use of Technology at Work
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers / devices
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...
Find out more about this Health & Social Care Certificate Training Course course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Vocational & College Courses
Vocational & College Courses
Vocational & College Courses