Certificate in Marine Pollution Prevention & Management
Gain the Knowledge and Tools Essential for Managing Marine Pollution
Explore pollution issues, regulations, management strategies and contingency planning to minimise the environmental impact of shipping and offshore activities.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Outcome / Qualification etc.
What you'll learn
- The nature of casualties involving ships, pollution risks from vessels in distress, international, regional and local bodies, marine pollution control law, classification societies and salvors.
- Air pollution problem and overview of regulatory and non regulatory emission control initiatives
- Environmental threats from the use of ballast water, anti-fouling systems, chemical pollution, bilge water/waste oil, ship scrapping and recycling.
- The fundamentals of oil pollution, pollution risks in offshore oil and gas operations
- The international instruments, the concept of limitation of liability in shipping, assessment and handling of claims, criminal liability, including prosecution and detention, US approach to liability and compensation and presents synthesis and application of lessons learnt through case studies.
Training Course Content
- Pollution in Context: Causes and Effects, Governance, Regulations and Enforcement
- Air Pollution and Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Ballast Water and Other Marine Pollutants
- Oil Pollution and Offshore Activities
- Measurement and Management Systems
- Legal Issues, Including Insurance and Compensation
Lloyd's Maritime Academy
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy was born from Lloyd’s List. Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the trusted brand for professional development, working with leading academic and industry bodies to provide accredited education and training where it is much needed.We are stepping up investment...