Certificate in Maritime Safety Management & the ISM Code
Create a Safety Culture that Will Enhance Your Reputation and Corporate Image
Study best practice systems and processes that go beyond compliance to boost maritime safety management.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Outcome / Qualification etc.
What you'll learn
- Understand the demands that the ISM Code has placed on the maritime industry and individual companies.
- Avoid the pitfalls that many Safety Management Systems contain and be confident in using the system.
- Look at technological developments and identify if they are useful to the SMS they are operating.
- Understand the concept and use of quality management systems and other management systems.
- Grasp the fundamentals of maintenance systems and their application to ships.
- Conceptualise the steps and methods of conducting a safety investigation.
Training Course Content
- Introducing Maritime Safety Management and the International Safety Management (ISM) Code
- The Aims, Structure and Content of the ISM Code
- Operational Safety Management
- Risk and Quality Management
- Auditing, Measurement and Improvement Systems
- Safety Management and a Safety Culture
- Introduction to Cyber Security in Shipping
Lloyd's Maritime Academy
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy was born from Lloyd’s List. Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the trusted brand for professional development, working with leading academic and industry bodies to provide accredited education and training where it is much needed.We are stepping up investment...