Diploma for Harbour Masters
Managing a secure and safe harbour or port today required detailed specialist knowledge. The Diploma for Harbour Masters is an essential professional development programme for anyone involved in port operations, management and marine safety.
Delivered via distance learning over a 12-month period, this comprehensive course provides the complete spectrum of knowledge required by port captains and harbour masters to manage ports in today's global economy. This Diploma has been recognised since 1999 as a leading qualification for port managers and has been used by governments, terminal operators and port companies as part of their internal training programmes.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
The International Diploma for Harbour Masters is suitable for:
- Early or mid-career ship and port agents wishing to develop their knowledge
- Experienced agents wishing to update their knowledge and prepare for fresh challenges
- General managers and operations managers at agency companies
- Seafarers wanting to move into a shore based role with an agency
- Professionals wishing to develop a role in ship and port agency
- Shipping company personnel wishing to understand the work of the agent
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of the course, candidates who have passed the assessments will be awarded a Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Professional Development Diploma, supported by the International Harbour Masters' Association.
Training Course Content
This course covers the following topics:
- Role and Functions of a Harbour Master
- Managing Marine Operations
- Managing Harbour Staff
- Finance and Asset Management
- Marine Environmental Management
- Managing Pilotage Services
- Managing Vessel Traffic Services
- Port Security and the ISPS Code
- Managing Emergencies
- Strategy, Marketing and Media
- Managing Leisure Use in the Port.
Lloyd's Maritime Academy
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy was born from Lloyd’s List. Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the trusted brand for professional development, working with leading academic and industry bodies to provide accredited education and training where it is much needed.We are stepping up investment...