Accounting and Budgeting for ManagersLondon Corporate Training Ltd
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Participants will leave this course with a much greater understanding the financial aspects of their job
Training Course Content
Concepts and Principles
- Financial accounting and management accounting – the differences
- Cash and accrual accounting compared and when they are used
- International accounting standards – formats and content
- The distinctive character of public sector accounting and budgeting
Interpreting Financial Statements
- The income statement (P & L) statement, format, content and key concepts
- Interpretation of key ratios derived from the income statement; P/E ratio, Profit margin
- The language and major components of the balance sheet
- Business ratios derived from the balance sheet and P & L together, liquidity, debt, profitability etc.
- Defining the value generated and the required return – the hurdle rate
- Return on capital employed – calculation methodology and interpretation
- Payback period calculations
- NPV and IRR calculations
- Non-financial aspects of investment appraisal and decision making
Essential Budgeting Processes
- Purpose and benefits, problems and limitations of capital and operational budgets and the important differences
- Budget processes in the private sector
- Budget processes in the public sector
- Identification of risks to the budget and actions to mitigate them
Measuring Financial Performance
- What is financial performance?
- Financial performance in the public sector
- The importance of cash flow – how to measure and improve it
- Gross profit, operating profit, net profit margin
- Key investor ratios
The cost of this in-house varies based on number of participants, location and other factors. Request information for a training quote
London Corporate Training have been established in the education, consulting and training industries for two decades. They work as a training team from their head office in London and aim to ensure all of their course participants receive the highest...
Find out more about this Accounting and Budgeting for Managers course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!