Upcoming start dates
Enquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Training Course Content
This Corporate Governance course will cover:
What is Corporate Governance?
- Essential structures of corporate governance
- Principle functions and responsibilities of the Board
- Setting the company strategic direction
- Establishing corporate values
- Holding the executives to account
- Maintaining the corporate reputation
Company Directors and Company Boards
- Duties of a Director
- Promoting the success of the company
- Role of the chairman
- Executive and Non-executive directors
- Making a difference using non-executive directors
Corporate Failure Resulting from Poor Governance
- The ineffective board
- Examples of corporate failure: Maxwell, Polly Peck, Enron, Worldcom
- Analysis of the banking crisis as a failure of governance
- Sarbanes-Oxley and other regulatory responses to corporate governance failure
- Lessons learned from corporate failures
Protecting Shareholders and Other Stakeholders
- The UK Corporate Governance Code
- The Comply or Explain rule
- How to protect the shareholder?
- Communicating with the shareholder
- A Legal framework for corporate governance
Corporate Social Responsibility
- The pressure for corporate behaviour change
- The Legal Background of CSR
- Company directors’ obligations and CSR
- Voluntary measures
- Is CSR “Just Public Relations”?
- CSR and corporate governance links
Why choose London Corporate Training
We have trained over 25,000 delegates from almost 500 client organisations
Highly qualified and experienced trainers who offer a unique learning experience tailored to you
Endorsed by various organisational and subject specific accrediting bodies
Average rating 4.8
I have enjoyed everything at LCT. You have committed facilitators and organised managers who have made LCT a wonderful place. I will be back next year for a Finance course. Than...
The Corporate Governance course was educative. I have learnt many useful ideas which I will introduce to my organisation on my return.
Very informative. Experienced and skilled trainers.
London Corporate Training - High value, high impact training programmes delivered globally to teams and individuals For almost 30 years LCT has delivered tangible improvements to organisations by enabling their leaders, managers and professionals to reach their full potential through...