ILM level 7 certificate for senior level coaches and mentorsLove Your Coaching
ILM level 7 certificate for senior level coaches and mentors
All available course dates
ILM Level 7 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring for Executives and Senior Managers (Webinar)
Earn a highly respected, nationally recognised, advanced coaching qualification
Level 7 certificate in coaching for executives and senior leaders. Awarded by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
The level 7 certificate in coaching for senior executives is the flagship programme of the Institute of Leadership and Management.
Adding this qualification to your experience marks you out as a high-quality coach, able to coach senior people in challenging circumstances.
- Small groups – maximum of 8 people
- Highly practical and participative approach
- Written and verbal feedback on your coaching sessions
- Unlimited tutorial support between training room days
- Continual support until you pass your ILM qualification
- Thriving alumni community, to continue your learning
The three units of the ILM level 7 certificate in coaching are:
- Understanding the principles and practice of effective coaching at a senior level
- Undertaking coaching at a senior level – 20 hours
- Reviewing your own ability as a coach acting at a senior level
These are assessment by:
A written assignment about coaching at senior level
- 20 hours of coaching practice, including assessment of a coaching session, and completion of coaching logs
- A reflective journal, showing your development as a coach
These assignments are undertaken after the training days have finished and are completed within 6 months.
Many adult learners have not undertaken formal assignments or study for many years. We understand this and provide a high level of support, so that everyone gets through the challenging times and completes their assignments. The support includes:
- Template answer books to follow
- Full guidance on completion of assignments
- Example assignments to draw inspiration from
- Marking and reviews of assignments, prior to final submission to the ILM
- Detailed feedback on your coaching practice
- Unlimited tutorial support and mentoring through the process
Coaching is a practical skill, with a theoretical basis. Our approach is that we practice the skill in the training room and study the theory outside of the training room.
This makes the training days highly focussed, active and practical, with opportunities to coach, be coached, receive feedback and work on coaching skills.
At the same time, we provide support to make sure the academic and study element is fully met, by providing resources, guidance and specific texts to study
The lead trainer for the Level 7 programme is Charlie Warshawski. He has been coaching since 2017 and delivering ILM qualifications since 2014. His own coaching practice is of over 1000 hours, and he focusses on coaching leaders in education.
Charlie’s approach is inclusive, structured, rigorous and empathetic. Learners are highly supported, respectfully challenged and helped to become the best coaches they can be.
Alongside Charlie is a team of experienced coach trainers, all of whom have taken the ILM qualification through Love Your Coaching. They support training days, feedback to coaches and assessments.
Suitability - Who should attend?
No previous coaching qualification is necessary to enrol on this advanced coaching course…..
You will have been using coaching skills in your work or self-employment, and are likely to hold a senior leadership position.
It is not necessary to have an existing coaching qualification, but it is important that you understand the rudiments of coaching.
To help, we carry out a pre-booking informal assessment, to make sure that this course is at the right level for you.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
You will earn
The prestigious ILM level 7 certificate in coaching and mentoring for executives and senior leaders.
You will learn
- All the skills and structures for coaching senior leaders
- How to coach people in challenging circumstances
- Long term coaching engagements
By the end of this programme you will have the skills, experience and the qualification to know you are an advanced coach.
Expectations for successful candidates for this qualification include:
- Access to approved coach registers, with the NHS and elsewhere
- Significant career progression opportunities: most senior roles in HR and management are calling for coaching skills and qualifications
Training Course Content
On completion of this programme, you will be able to
- Access your coaching skills for structured coaching sessions
- Carry out informal and impromptu coaching sessions in the workplace and elsewhere
- Balance between support and challenge, empathy and rigour in your coaching
- Have the skills to help people you coach self reflect and come up with their own solutions
In order to meet the qualification requirements, the training covers topics that include:
- Coaching definitions and explanations
- Self-assessing on coaching skills
- Coaching skills, including questions, listening, pausing, challenging respectfully, managing the process
- A variety of structures for standard coaching sessions
- Goals, actions and commitment in coaching
- The coaching relationship
Why choose Love Your Coaching
95% pass rate for our qualification courses
1400 + learners accredited
Full support throughout the qualification process
L7 Commercial: £2545 (Not inclusive of VAT or ILM fee)
L7 Self-funded: £2295 (Not inclusive of VAT or ILM fee)
In addition to the core course fee is a registration fee for the ILM of £197 - no VAT
We have two 2022 courses beginning in either April or September:
April 21st, 22nd (pm), 27th and 28th (am) May 19th, 20th, 26th & 27th (am) June 28th, 29th (pm) July 5th and 6th (am)
September 6th, 7th, 13th & 14th (pm) October 4th, 5th, 13th & 14th (pm)
November 15th, 16th, 22nd & 23rd (am)
(AM sessions are from 09.00-12.30 and PM sessions are from 13.30-17.00)
Love Your Coaching We work with individuals and organisations, using coaching as a powerful tool for change. Whether you want to learn to be an advanced level coach, start your coaching business or create a coaching culture in your organisation,...
Average rating 5Based on 5 reviews.
Find out more about this ILM level 7 certificate for senior level coaches and mentors course - simply fill out your details: