Contracts Strategy and ManagementMDT International
Contracts Strategy and Management
All available course dates
Contracts strategy and management - 5 day procurement and supply chain course
This Contracts strategy and management course focuses on procurement in the upstream petroleum industry, using various oil industry examples, exercises and case studies to give delegates practical, realistic experience of the procurement and supply chain areas.
Developing your own effective procurement and Supply Chain Management (SCM) strategy can make valuable quantifiable contributions to your company's performance. This practical course shows you how to adopt a "best-practice" model, and outlines the latest thinking in upstream petroleum industry procurement.
What you will learn
- how to develop and implement a highly effective procurement strategy and plan for your organisation to reduce the overall cost of purchasing
- how to manage your supply chain in order to deliver maximum value at minimum cost
- how to develop and implement a best-practice process for the management of contracts and the supply chain
- how to adopt innovative ways to select contractors and prepare tender documents
- how to choose the type of contract and compensation terms that best achieves the contract's objectives
- how to prepare tender evaluation criteria and evaluate a tender submission
- how to manage contract risk
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is aimed at personnel at all levels and in all disciplines who have responsibility for, and involvement in, the entire procurement process. This includes line operational managers and specialists (the "end users"), as well as contracts managers and contracts specialists.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Participants on this course are eligible for 35 hours of CPD accreditation on completion.
Training Course Content
What is a contract?
- the contract as a legal instrument
- the contract as an investment tool
What is the supply chain and how do we manage it?
- illustration of supply chain management (SCM)
- benefits of defining SCM
- SCM analysis for opportunities to save money
Developing a best-practice procurement process
- a suggested process for managing contracts from beginning to end
- the role of end-users and the contracts specialist
What makes the petroleum industry different?
- the role of government, national oil companies (NOC's) and co-venturers
What is a contracts strategy and how do we develop one?
- oil industry case studies and examples
- the essential ingredients of a contracts strategy
- the process of developing a contracts strategy
The role of contracts policy and procedures
- the vital relationship between contracts strategy, policy and procedure
- oil industry examples of contracts policy and procedure
Alternative contracts strategies
- oil industry examples and case studies
The role of contract risk assessment
- the importance of contract risk assessment in strategy and contractor selection
- how to carry out a contract risk assessment
Alternative tendering strategies
- functional versus technical specifications
- oil industry examples
Different types of contracts
- strengths and weaknesses of alternative contract types
- how to choose an appropriate contract compensation method
How to prepare contractor selection criteria
- oil industry examples
- traditional versus non-traditional selection criteria
How to evaluate tender submissions
- how to ensure best-value selection
- how to avoid common mistakes
Understanding the "small print"
- getting to grips with contractual language and terms and conditions
How to manage the contract after it has been awarded
- the role of the "kick-off" meeting
- preventing and resolving disputes
- managing cost and performance
- how to give contractor feedback
Course delivery details
Why choose MDT International
Over 90% of participants say our training met or exceeded their expectations
MDT have worked with 500+ organisations worldwide
Our trainers have 25+ years of experience in the O&G Industry
Course Fee: £2750.00 (+ VAT for attending UK courses). Fees include your attendance at the relevant training course/s and the provision of a comprehensive training course manual, course completion certificate, plus lunch and refreshments during the training day. Fees do not include accommodation and living costs.
MDT International can also provide this course on an in-house course basis, to discuss please submit enquiry.
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
MDT International - Finance, Commercial & Management Courses for the Oil & Gas Industry
MDT delivers commercial training courses in most major established and emerging international oil and gas hubs. Whether you're taking part in an open course, or benefiting from the customised experience of our in-house training, you know what you’ll learn from some...
Average rating 4.6Based on 22 reviews.
Find out more about this Contracts Strategy and Management course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
1,990 GBP-2,750 GBP
Corporate Training for Teams
Corporate Training for Teams