Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Advanced Seismic Interpretation
Advanced Seismic Interpretation - A 5 day course for E&P Professionals in the Oil & Gas Industry
Course Level: Advanced
Course Length: 5 days
This five day Advanced Seismic Interpretation Course is designed for E&P professionals and aims to provide essential knowledge on visualization, integration, and interpretation techniques that have been recently developed for seismic data.
The course uses learning objectives that are aimed at knowledge and application levels, enabling participants to gain a solid understanding of the applications and role of the seismic interpreter in studies that involve post-stack seismic attributes, AVO, seismic sequence stratigraphy, seismic geomorphology, 4D time-lapse seismic, and multidisciplinary integration.
Using recent and relevant case histories, data examples, and exercises, conducted both on paper and with the PETRELtm software, the course guides participants through an understanding of the integration of all available data into the seismic model that adds value in the needed coherent and successful seismic predictions that result from an interpretation.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Advanced Seismic Interpretation Course is suitable for Exploration and Production Managers, Geoscientists and Reservoir Engineers Professionals involved in seismic interpretation or dealing with results of the interpretation of seismic data.
Prerequisites: Basic or Intermediate Seismic Interpretation
Training Course Content
This Advanced Seismic Interpretation Course covers the following content
- Introduction and general overview
- Visual perception, understanding and impact on interpretation
- Fundamental of signal theory, wavelet, resolution and scaling
- Geological concepts, sedimentary models and structural styles
- Central frequency, wedge modeling and tuning analysis exercises
- Mapping exercise
- Introduction to the PETREL software - seismic interpretation module
- Interpretation overall procedure, 2D and 3D techniques
- Sequence stratigraphy and seismic facies analysis
- Seismic geomorphology, stratal slicing and volume flattening
- Seismic geomorphology exercise
- Case history on automated fault interpretation
- Sequence stratigraphy exercise
- Structural validation exercise
- Automated fault mapping exercise
- Post stack attributes, reflective attributes and transmissive attributes
- Geometrical attributes, trace similarity and stratigraphic volume attributes, texture, curvature etc.
- Multi-attributes analysis, calibration, applications, pitfalls and limitations
- Attributes classification, FA, PCA, statistical, neural networks, unsupervised, and supervised classification
- Attributes analysis on carbonate reservoir case history
- Unsupervised classification exercise
- Reservoir Thickness analysis from seismic attributes exercise
- Spectral decomposition
- Basics of rock physics and seismic inversion
- AVO theory and pre-stack attributes
- Overview of depth conversion methods and uncertainty
- Multi-attribute reservoir characterization exercise
- Depth conversion exercise
- AVO gradient-intercept exercise
- Multicomponent seismic interpretation
- 4D time lapse seismic and reservoir monitoring
- Gas hydrates interpretation
- Overview on naturally fractured reservoir characterization from seismic
- 4D interpretation exercise
- Fractured reservoir characterization with attributes exercise
Provider: NExT - A Schlumberger Company
NExT - Oil & Gas Technical Training Courses for E&P Professionals
NExT, A Schlumberger Company is dedicated to the professional development of the geoscientists and engineers in the E&P Industry. Specialists in oil and gas training and professional development services, NExT offers a portfolio of over 340 practical courses, training programs,...
Contact information for NExT - A Schlumberger Company
NExT - A Schlumberger Company
AB21 0LQ Aberdeen