This course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by post or email making it simple and hassle-free. All of the materials will be delivered to you, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you a full years worth of support and advice to help get you through your course! Want a CV that stands out from the crowd? Don’t worry we’ll even take care of that for you with our FREE CV re-writing service! Join the [past_students_count] people that have already studied with us, today!.
Unit 1 Project management: definitions, principles and scope
- Design an analogy or metaphor that encapsulates best practice in project management.
- Roles and responsibilities of a project sponsor and a project manager.
- Common oversights and mistakes that can happen when a new project is being launched.
- Avoiding mistakes.
- Belbin’s team role inventory.
Unit 2 Project initiation: preparing the ground
- Implementing best practice in project initiation.
- Purpose and scope of a project.
- Estimating the development of a project.
- Strategies and tactics to identify key stakeholder.
- Agreeing on a shared vision and project evaluation criteria.
- Tactical plan to achieve major deliverables within realistic timescales and in practical stages.
Unit 3 Planning the project
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Flow diagram which identifies dependencies.
- Realistic timescales and critical path.
- Schedule deliverables within achievable timescales.
- Producing a realistic budget plan and summary.
Unit 4 Managing your resources
- How you are perceived by others.
- Ability to manage projects.
- The four stages of project team development.
- The skills to set realistic and motivating goals for project teams.
- Coping strategies to manage conflict.
Unit 5 Managing the project through to implementation
- Best practice in monitoring and reporting.
- Effective project team meetings.
- Creating an agreed project team culture.
- Developing a project team to achieve high performance.
Unit 6 Delivering benefits from a project
- Developing project team management skills.
- Rewarding high performance.
- Managing project handover successfully.
- Develop project evaluation strategies.
- How to leave a positive legacy.
Why choose Open Study College
Trusted by over 110,000 students
Study from home, at your own pace
Discounts on selected courses
Pay Now: GBP 419.00
OR 6 Monthly Instalments of GBP 77.85 with a deposit of GBP
51.90 totalling 519