Many petroleum projects fail to meet their authorized cost, schedule or operability targets. To be successful, today's project leader needs a comprehensive set of technical, business and interpersonal skills. This course addresses those critical skills. Seasoned instructors tackle the issues and challenges found in concept selection, development planning, facility design, procurement, and construction activities. The specific training received in schedule and cost management, risk mitigation, and the proper use of scarce resources (people and materials) will help you make better decisions.
Upon completion, you will know how to:
- Improve engineering and service discipline work relations
- Use execution plans to integrate the work
- Effectively employ cost and schedule control tools
This course is taught using a combination of instruction, facilitated discussion, and in-depth exercises based on the instructor's petroleum development successes and failures.
For the May virtual session, class hours will be 08:00-12:00 US Central time (GMT -5:00) Monday-Friday each week.
For the October virtual session, class hours will be 08:00-12:00 Western Australia time (GMT +8:00) Monday-Friday each week.
"Liked everything about the course." - Research Tech, United States
"Great facilitator. Knowledge of subjects, good stories, good use of knowledge of the class." - Productivity Engineer
Suitability - Who should attend?
Project managers, facility engineers, construction representatives, schedulers, cost controllers, operations personnel, and supply chain specialists including team leaders and others who participate on or consult with multi-discipline development teams. This course is also suitable for business development, finance and land specialists as well as other non-engineering personnel who would benefit from an understanding of oil and gas project management.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Define development stages and skillfully execute them
- Develop scopes of work and execution plans
- Utilize project control techniques and earned value analysis
- Develop engineering design checklists to ensure key deliverables for each phase are addressed
- Guide teams through technical reviews and secure needed approvals
- Measure progress during construction
Training Course Content
- Project development systems for the oil and gas industry
- The stage-gate system
- Key knowledge areas for leaders
- Design engineering
- Execution planning for design, procurement and construction
- HSE management
- Risk identification and mitigation
- Organization types and resource deployment
- Work breakdown structure
- Planning and scheduling
- Progress measurement
- Cost estimating
- Change control
- Reviews and approvals
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e- Learning; all of which is directed and...
Average rating 5Based on 2 reviews.
Find out more about this Project Management for Engineering and Construction - FPM22 course - simply fill out your details:
Corporate Training for Teams