Early Stage Upstream Process Development
Upstream processing refers to the first phase in biomolecule production. This process involves a series of intricate steps which must be carefully followed to ensure a successful transition to downstream processing.
Over the course of 5 weeks this course will walk you through the basics of early-stage upstream process development for mammalian and microbial products. The course will focus on USP planning, cell-line development, media selection and will finish with quality considerations to help you lay the foundations for a successful and productive bioprocess.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course will be of interest to all professionals involved in upstream process development, including:
- Process scientists
- Technicians and technologists
- Bioprocess engineers
- Cell line development specialists
- Cell culture specialists
- Product managers
- Process development managers
- Quality assurance specialists
- Validation technicians
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Understand processes involved with cell-line development including requirements, stability studies and vector design
- Consider selection of media for different production strategies, testing and characterisation, viral and GMP concerns
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the initial upstream development process
- Familiarise yourself with key quality considerations such as quality by design, experimental design and risk management
Training Course Content
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Cell-line development
- Module 3: Media selection
- Module 4: Initial upstream process development
- Module 5: Quality considerations
Why choose PTI
On average, delegates of their online academies said:
Quality of content:
85% had applied content during the course to their role
PTI - Pharmaceutical Training International - Training for the Pharma Industry
PTI is the global leader in professional education for the pharmaceutical industry, delivering a broad course portfolio that covers the industry spectrum: R&D, Clinical Development, Generics, Bio-pharmaceuticals, fine Chemicals, Agro-chemicals, Medical Devices, Animal Health, Manufacturing and Regulations. PTI's open courses,...
Find out more about this Early Stage Upstream Process Development course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!