CMI Level 3 Award in Principles of Management & Leadership
CMI L3 Award in Principles of Management & Leadership
Residential courses in Keswick run over 4 consecutive days
4 Day Open Tutor-Led Online Course
The CMI Level 3 Award in First Line Management is an ideal foundational qualification for any team leader or first line manager looking to gain skills in the basic principles of management, while gaining an internationally recognised qualification.
This four day course held by Results Driven Group will enable participants to:
- Understand the role of the leader and their own leadership style
- Identify opportunities to develop trust and credibility within their team
- Appreciate the characteristics of a successful team
- Identify different roles within a team and understand how to develop a balance of skills
- Use proven communication techniques to build strong intra-team relationships
- Confidently tackle conflicts and performance issues that may arise within the team
The programme is held at RDG's excellent training and team building facilities in Keswick, Cumbria, but is also available as an open course in London and Dubai.
***Flexible interest-free payment plans available***
Upcoming start dates
4 March, 2024
On-line Tutor Led course starting 10 November 2023
- Virtual Classroom
On-line Tutor Led course starting 26 February 2024
- Virtual Classroom
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for practising first line managers and team leaders looking to move on to the next level of management. It is also beneficial for managers who need to lead people through pressures including organisational change and budget cuts.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Successful candidates who complete the full programme, including the post-course written assignments, receive the CMI Level 3 Award in First Line Management, recognised by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
Training Course Content
The course consists of the following units:
The CMI Programme
- Welcome to the CMI programme
- Certification and assignment criteria
- Introduction to report writing
How to become an inspirational leader
- The difference between leadership and management
- The role of trust and respect in effective team leadership
- Identifying your leadership style
How to build a successful team
- The key characteristics of groups and teams
- The stages of team development and the practical actions a manager can take
- The dynamics of effective teams
- Team roles
- Building a balanced team to achieve SMART objectives
- How create a culture of clear accountability
The manager as an effective communicator
- The importance of open communication
- Communication using empathy and building effective relationships in the team
- Keeping your team informed
- Using social/behavioural styles effectively
- Maintaining confidentiality
- The effects of attitudes,perception and cultures on interpretation when communicating in the workplace
- How to build relationships that create trust, open dialogue, and full transparency
Driving performance through motivation
- The purpose and benefits of appraisals and performance reviews
- Roles and responsibilities of individuals in appraisals and performance reviews
- Conducting the appraisal interview
- Providing feedback and motivation during performance reviews
- How to make decisions that are based on productivity, not politics
- Monitoring performance throughout the year
How to give and receive feedback
- The importance of feedback to improve communication and performance
- Feedback techniques to motivate and increase performance
- Inviting and accepting feedback to improve your own perform
How to deal with conflict management
- Identify causes of conflict at work
- Describe the stages in the development of conflict
- Explain the effects of conflict on individual and team performance at work
- Explain a recognised technique to minimise and resolve conflict in the workplace
- Describe how to promote a positive atmosphere in order to minimise the adverse effects of conflict in the workplace
- How to use assertiveness to drive outcomes and the ability to overcome adversity and resistance
Flexible Payment Terms
If you are self-funding, please enquire about our flexible payment terms. A 30% deposit will be taken when you book to secure your place on the course. We will then set up an interest-free monthly payment plan by direct debit or credit card for the balance.
The Results Driven Group Price Comparison Offer
If you can price-match any of our open or bespoke residential courses, we will match the difference. Please see website for more details.
The price of the course is exclusive of VAT
The programme cost includes, accommodation (Keswick residential only)
Results Driven Group can also deliver this course as in-house training at your premises for a minimum of 6 delegates.
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Reviews by course attendees
Average rating 4.8
Engaging, constructive, Interesting, useful course!
This course will promote deeper thinking amongst management and how to get the best out of people
This course will help me manage and grow the team
Top 10 Awards
Top 10 Winner - 2021
We're delighted Results Driven Group is a winner of our Top 10 Courses 2021 in Top 10 Executive Education courses.
Each year, we select the Top 10 most popular courses on our site in some of the most popular categories to make it easier for our users to find the right course for them - so you can book with confidence.