Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
The aim of this course is to demonstrate the value that coaching skills can bring to any conversation at work and to equip individuals with the skills and confidence to use these skills in everyday work life situations. The course is broken down into 2 separate days, Level 1 & Level 2, with practice taking part between each training day which is then reviewed on Day 2.
Participants can choose to attend Day 1 only and those who attend Day 2 will learn about a deeper level and further models and techniques in order to build confidence in coaching, communicating and influencing.
By the end of the two days participants will:
- Understand the difference between coaching, mentoring and other leadership styles and approaches
- Know the core coaching skills which contribute to confident communication
- Apply and practice these skills using practical and real working situations
- Know how and when to apply these skills in a practical way back in the workplace
- Develop awareness of self and others
- Know how to manage your emotions in difficult situations
- Know how to build trusting and sustainable working relationships
Learning will be gained by:
- Observing coaching in action by tutor
- Meaningful discussions linked directly to individuals workplace challenges
- Purposeful practice using real like situations and scenarios
- A range of activities and exercises which takes account of a mix of learning styles
- Input on a range of tried and tested and latest thinking in coaching frameworks, models and techniques
- Helpful challenge and feedback from experienced tutor
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for professionals looking to successfully apply coaching skills in everyday workplace conversations.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
The course is worth 12 CII (Chartered Insurance Institute) CPD hours.
Training Course Content
The course is structured as follows:
The aim of today is to gain an understanding of what coaching is and the many applications it has within every day work life situations both formal and informal.
- What coaching is and is not
- Leadership spectrum of styles and approaches
- When and how to use coaching in every day situations
- Structuring your coaching conversations
- Core coaching skills development including:
- exceptional listening
- powerful questions
- building and maintaining rapport
- Emotional intelligence
- Coaching practice and feedback from tutor on observations
DAY 2 (optional):
To attend Day 2 you must have attended Day 1.
The aim of today is to build upon the learning gained in Day 1, to review the challenges from the practice period and to build delegate’s knowledge and understanding of useful communication models and techniques to use in a practical way at work.
- Challenges and successes experienced during the practice period
- Review of day 1 models, tools, techniques
- Personality types – understanding self and others
- Learning styles – getting the best from coaching conversations
- Communication pitfalls and the games people play when communicating
- Influencing skills and styles
- Building trust at work and encouraging feedback (JoHari Window)
- Feedback essentials – knowing how to express your needs and requests respectfully
- Practice sessions to embed learning and to gain valuable feedback from peers and tutor
- Learning review and action plan
Fill out the 'request information' form to contact Searchlight for more information and pricing details.
Searchlight can also deliver this course as an in-house workshop, delivered at your location of choice and adapted to suit any specific needs you may have. Please note that, while the open programmes have an insurance broking focus, thein-house courses can be tailored for any organisation.
Searchlight - Leading UK Training & Consultancy Company for Insurance and Financial Services Professionals
Searchlight is the UK's foremost provider of training for the insurance and financial services industry, covering the full range of technical, regulatory and soft skills needed by professionals operating in this dynamic business environment. Searchlight was the first organisation to receive...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Coaching Conversations course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.