Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
This three-month online programme is for those who need to improve their understanding of the specialised techniques that are used to plan a 4G cellular network that is both advanced and efficient.
The course is split into three modules. Each of them lasts a month. Each module incorporates courseware that includes live tutor, led webinars, exercises, self-test assessments and hands-on planning simulations. In the planning simulations, participants will use Mentum Planet from InfoVista, an industry-leading tool for radio planning.
Participants in this course will gain the following skills:
- Confidently and effectively plan an efficient 4G / LTE Radio network
- Contribute to radio planning, the deployment debate and decision-making within the organisation
- Evaluate implementation options for deploying 4G / LTE radio networks – either in green-field scenarios, or as part of an existing multi-RAT (Radio Access Technology) system
- Use the benefits and increased radio performance that 4G / LTE brings to the cellular operator in various scenarios to full advantage including different spectrum allocations, terrain characteristics, user densities and profiles, deployment options, operating modes and indoor/outdoor situations
- Develop radio network solutions in a more holistic way such as using the in-built flexibility of the 4G network to design efficient multi-RAT and Het-Net solutions
- A solid foundation in the advanced radio features of LTE Advanced, and how they can and should be used to maximise efficiency and overall Return on Investment (ROI)
- Improved confidence to use advanced radio-planning tools in order to maximise efficiency in the radio planning process
- Make decisions on technology implementation and procurement that are commercially viable, minimise risk, and are in line with the strategy and goals of the wider organization
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded a certificate of completion
Training Course Content
The LTE Air Interface
- Overview of the 3GPP Architecture
- LTE Protocol Stack Overview
- The Physical Layer
- LTE Layer 2
- The Packet Data Protocol (PDCP)
- RRC Messages and Procedures
- Basic LTE Message Flows and Procedures
LTE Radio Network Planning
- Review of Wireless Principles and
- Antenna Systems
- Link Budgeting
- Propagation Models
- Radio Interface KPIs
- Capacity Planning for LTE
- Using Software for Network Planning
Maximising Performance & Efficiency
- Network Optimisation
- LTE Advanced
- Small Cells and HetNets
The cost of this training course is £1245 + VAT per delegate.
Early bird and multi-booking discounts are available for all of Telecoms Academy's courses.
Provider: Telecoms & Tech Academy
Telecoms and Tech Academy
Telecoms & Tech Academy (formally Telecoms Academy) is part of KNect365 Learning. We are borne out of Informa’s rich history enhancing individuals and businesses with knowledge. Our global network allows us to tap into unique resources and networks. We provides the...