4G/LTE Radio Planning & Optimisation
4G/LTE Radio Planning & Optimisation - 3-month Distance Programme
This three-month online programme is for those who need to improve their understanding of the specialised techniques that are used to plan a 4G cellular network that is both advanced and efficient.
The course is split into three modules. Each of them lasts a month. Each module incorporates courseware that includes live tutor, led webinars, exercises, self-test assessments and hands-on planning simulations. In the planning simulations, participants will use Mentum Planet from InfoVista, an industry-leading tool for radio planning.
Participants in this course will gain the following skills:
- Confidently and effectively plan an efficient 4G / LTE Radio network
- Contribute to radio planning, the deployment debate and decision-making within the organisation
- Evaluate implementation options for deploying 4G / LTE radio networks – either in green-field scenarios, or as part of an existing multi-RAT (Radio Access Technology) system
- Use the benefits and increased radio performance that 4G / LTE brings to the cellular operator in various scenarios to full advantage including different spectrum allocations, terrain characteristics, user densities and profiles, deployment options, operating modes and indoor/outdoor situations
- Develop radio network solutions in a more holistic way such as using the in-built flexibility of the 4G network to design efficient multi-RAT and Het-Net solutions
- A solid foundation in the advanced radio features of LTE Advanced, and how they can and should be used to maximise efficiency and overall Return on Investment (ROI)
- Improved confidence to use advanced radio-planning tools in order to maximise efficiency in the radio planning process
- Make decisions on technology implementation and procurement that are commercially viable, minimise risk, and are in line with the strategy and goals of the wider organization
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded a certificate of completion
Training Course Content
The LTE Air Interface
- Overview of the 3GPP Architecture
- LTE Protocol Stack Overview
- The Physical Layer
- LTE Layer 2
- The Packet Data Protocol (PDCP)
- RRC Messages and Procedures
- Basic LTE Message Flows and Procedures
LTE Radio Network Planning
- Review of Wireless Principles and
- Antenna Systems
- Link Budgeting
- Propagation Models
- Radio Interface KPIs
- Capacity Planning for LTE
- Using Software for Network Planning
Maximising Performance & Efficiency
- Network Optimisation
- LTE Advanced
- Small Cells and HetNets
The cost of this training course is £1245 + VAT per delegate.
Early bird and multi-booking discounts are available for all of Telecoms Academy's courses.
Provider: Telecoms Academy
Read more and show all courses with Provider: Telecoms Academy
Telecoms Academy - Training Programmes for Telecommunication and Media Professionals
Telecoms Academy, part of Knect365 TMT offers a public portfolio of over 80 training courses that is constantly being refreshed and expanded by their team of highly accomplished telecoms professionals. Their business programmes include intensive five-day Telecoms Mini MBA courses along with...
Request information - obligation free
Reviews by course attendees