MSc Financial Management
Successful finance practitioners require a wide range of transferable skills and subject-specific knowledge in areas such as corporate finance, financial markets and financial accounting. Our MSc comprises foundational units in finance and accounting alongside advanced units in the following areas:
- Financial management
- Financial markets
- Financial strategy
- Private equity
- Data Analysis & Statistical Techniques
- Quantitative Methods for Financial Management
A final supervised project will allow you to deepen your finance knowledge and apply your skills by analysing real-world information and addressing questions with practical implications. You will be taught by a team of academics that have several years of experience delivering course content both online and face-to-face within blended programmes. Our academics are on the cutting-edge of finance research, which informs their teaching. They regularly utilise our wide range of financial databases in their learning and teaching activities. This is a significant strength of our MSc in Financial Management.
The course will equip you with:
- A deep understanding of the tasks that financial managers and other similar finance practitioners undertake and the objectives they pursue;
- The ability to describe and interpret the functioning of financial markets;
- An understanding of why and how successful companies rely on and benefit from well-functioning financial markets;
- The skills and knowledge to analyse and synthesise complex information from corporations and financial markets, and offer solutions to challenging problems;
- The capability to search and gather relevant financial information from several sources such as companies' annual reports and financial databases;
- Flexible and relevant transferable skills that finance practitioners require in their career.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Normally, a 1st or 2:1 UK Bachelor's honours degree or international equivalent from an institution recognised by NARIC .
- A Master's degree or international equivalent from an institution recognised by NARIC .
We expect that most candidates interested in this Master's will have a degree in engineering, mathematics, business, management, economics, science or other relevant subjects; however, your degree can be in any discipline if you can demonstrate that you have good numeracy and quantitative ability.
We can also consider:
- Candidates with a 2:2 UK Bachelor's honours degree or international equivalent, with at least one year of relevant professional experience who can demonstrate their suitability and motivation for this Master's course. The degree should be in a relevant subject with good grades in quantitative subjects. An interview may be required.
All our degree programmes, require a high level of competency in all aspects of English language - speaking, writing, listening and reading. You will need to provide evidence that your English language ability meets the University of Manchester minimum requirements and is sufficient to enable you to fully participate and be successful in the programme.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Master of Science
You will learn how to:
- understand the interplay between well-functioning financial markets and successful companies;
- apply a full range of financial techniques to real-life business situations;
- search and gather relevant financial information from multiple sources, including companies' annual reports and financial databases;
- offer data-based solutions to complex and relevant business challenges, such as analysis of financial strategies, selecting valuable investment projects.
Training Course Content
- Foundations Of Accounting
- Foundations Of Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Global Financial Markets And Institutions
- Data Analysis And Statistical Techniques
- Financial Statement Analysis
- International Financial Management
- Quantitative Methods For Financial Management
- Venture Capital And Private Equity
- Business Models And Financial Strategy
- Group Project
Course delivery details
This online course also offers face-to-face workshops (six days, twice each year) in either Manchester or Shanghai (September and May or June dependent on where you choose to study). These valuable opportunities give you time to develop your global network, meet the Manchester academic team, and have full support from the lecturers.
The workshops are a chance to take time out from day-to-day working life, focus on your studies and undertake experiential learning. You'll apply theory to case studies based on real business problems while working in multicultural groups with colleagues from diverse professional backgrounds.
Please visit our website for detailed pricing information.
This is a great opportunity for professionals who are looking to step into a management-level role. You will be able to apply your professional experience to real-world projects that are relevant to your workplace.
The Financial Management Master's degree is ideal for candidates based in the UK and globally. You will acquire financial skills and expertise to develop your career in finance or secure a management position with a finance emphasis.
The University of Manchester
Part of the prestigious Russell Group of universities, The University of Manchester is recognized across the globe for its research and teaching quality, covering undergraduate and postgraduates programs, as well as specially designed online and blended learning courses to allow...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Corporate Training for Teams
799 GBP-999 GBP