Photocopier / Printer Repair Technician Courses - Forum

22/08/2011 09:34   James Burtoo

hi i am looking for training courses to become a photocopier or other printer repair technician, i have city and guilds cets 726 and 224 and also a background in fault finding and repair of t.v video and domestic gas appliances can you help me with what's available please? thanks for your time

RE: Photocopier / Printer Repair Technician Courses
28/05/2014 13:05   Rod

James, don't think there are any such courses out there - bit too niched, I was looking myself a few years ago and basically couldn't find anything. Have you found anything recently that has helped? Otherwise i was advised to look into electrician courses that you can then use to further your skills...

03/07/2014 10:42   Course Advisor

Hi there,

I can back up what Rod is saying - you don't really find qualifications for photocopier repair in particular, but what you can find are broader vocational qualifications in areas such as Electronics, Engineering Electronics and Installation Studies.

Generally speaking, this is an industry where practical experience has always been very important, and to a large extent more important than academic study. So experience in any maintenance and repair function would be useful (this doesn't necessarily have to be a previous job - it can also be something you have worked on in your spare time).

Having said this, it is an area where the job market is actually reducing in size (as machines become better quality and function more effectively for longer periods of time), so it is definitely highly competitive. This means that gaining a qualification can be very important in setting you aside from the competition. You can focus on the area you want and choose the level that suits you best.

Hope this is helpful!

Best of luck,
The Findcourses.co.uk Team

05/04/2016 16:03   drwho
You'll need to take a programme in electronics technology. That way you'll have a broader skill-set - it's really a much better idea mate as you'll be able to roll with the punches when they switch up printer technology.

28/05/2016 15:45   rocha fernandes
Dear sir I would like do the photo coppier technician course in your company

21/11/2016 22:54   User 123

How could I can do this course please? & how much it cost please

08/12/2016 22:24   njoh

hi i am a canon repairs technician and need to learn more

RE: RE: Photocopier / Printer Repair Technician Courses
09/12/2016 10:54   Course Adviser

Hi User 123, 

Could you please let me know which course you're referring to? If it's photocopier repair, please take a look at the previous messages in this post. There aren't specific photocopier qualifications available, but you'd benefit from a course in Electronics, Engineering Electronics or Installation Studies

You can browse electrical engineering courses here and fill out the 'Information Request' boxes to contact training providers directly. There you can ask them more specific questions about course content and whether it will be relevant to your role or requirements.

You could also approach your employer/potential employer for advice on preferred courses they'd like you to take. Then come back to FindCourses to register your interest in a particular course!

Best of luck,

RE: RE: Photocopier / Printer Repair Technician Courses
09/12/2016 12:49   Course Adviser

Hi njoh,

Thanks for your message. As previously discussed in this post most printer repair technicians take courses in electrical/electronics technology to enhance their skill sets. Gaining this broader knowledge also opens up more opportunities in the field.

Take a look at the range of electrical engineering courses on our site to see if they include the training you're looking for. If you're not sure, fill out the 'Information Request' boxes to contact training providers directly and ask them for more information. 

Perhaps you could also share more information about the sort of knowledge you require and other forum users can share their advice!

Best of luck,

Find training and courses within this category

LOOKING FOR TRAINING?

Good news! findcourses.co.uk offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team. 

people-using-laptop-search-training

Request a free quote

APPRENTICESHIPS

Is your company looking to take on an apprentice?

choose-the-right-apprenticeship

Learn more