What is the best way to get ahead in an ACCA career? - Forum

02/12/2013 14:23   saade

I am currently studying ACCA, all I need is to have an extra edge over others in my team, thats the reason i am searching for 1 to 3 days training programs to enhance my skills. can you suggest me any? I am from Pakistan.

RE: What is the best way to get ahead in an ACCA career?
22/01/2014 16:43   Course Advisor

Hi there,

as you know, the ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accounts) qualification is a very extensive one, so finding extra time to take additional courses on top of studying for the 14 papers you need to pass may be quite tough!

Having said that, if you are motivated to gain an edge there are of course many many finance and accounting courses taking place all over the world on a regular basis - it's just a matter of choosing between them. The best idea is to narrow down your area of interest - what topic do you find most interesting? Taxation, management accounting, governance and ethics?

Once you've decided that, you can use the site to look through your options. If you are in Pakistan, the best option may be to look for an online or distance learning finance course that you can complete in your own time.

Another piece of advice is to check with the company that you are taking the ACCA training with, because they can often suggest extra reading material, exercises or even full revision courses for those wanting to go over the material and/or deepen their knowledge even further. This could help you gain an edge while still keeping the focus on highly relevant themes and topics.

Best of luck with your search!

Findcourses.co.uk

Find training and courses within this category
  Finance

LOOKING FOR TRAINING?

Good news! findcourses.co.uk offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team. 

people-using-laptop-search-training

Request a free quote

APPRENTICESHIPS

Is your company looking to take on an apprentice?

choose-the-right-apprenticeship

Learn more