IOSH v NEBOSH - Forum

23/10/2014 08:10   Esmi

What's the difference between IOSH and NEBOSH? Is one better? I find the alphabet soup of qualifications absolutely incomprehensible.

RE: IOSH v NEBOSH
23/10/2014 11:16   Course Adviser

Hi Esmi,

thank you for your question!

I understand your frustration with this - it can often seem like these institutes give themselves and their qualifications acronyms just to confuse people!

The good thing is that it is not as complicated as it seems. NEBOSH stands for National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health and IOSH stands for Institution of Occupation Safety and Health. Both of them deliver Health & Safety qualifications, as you probably know, with the only real difference being that NEBOSH is purely an awarding organisation, while IOSH is also a professional membership body (and has Chartered Status).

In terms of which one is better, they are both widely recognised and well-respected, so I would say that your choice depends more on what you want to study/get qualified in.

IOSH is best known for its Working Safely and Managing Safely courses, while NEBOSH is known for its National/International Certificates and Diplomas. Based on your area of activity and the level of knowledge that you wish to gain, it should be relatively straightforward to choose the one that is right for you.

Take a look at our dedicated category pages and see what you find!

Best of luck,

Adviser, Findcourses.co.uk

Find training and courses within this category

LOOKING FOR TRAINING?

Good news! findcourses.co.uk offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team. 

people-using-laptop-search-training

Request a free quote

APPRENTICESHIPS

Is your company looking to take on an apprentice?

choose-the-right-apprenticeship

Learn more